Sunday, August 15, 2010

I won the challenge!!!

I was completely shocked when she told me the news. But I'm extremely happy and excited about the win. That just goes to show you that when you put your mind to something that you can do it!

I didn't journal yesterday since I was busy and I won't today either. I will admit that I definitely went over on my points but I have not binged. I find myself craving water instead of pop or other drinks. I'd rather make sure that my fruits and veggies are in for the day before I treat myself. I've also tried some different tricks to avoid treating myself (LOL! That's funny!). For instance, if I want something sweet and I'm hungry, I'll eat an apple and peanut butter or rice cakes and peanut butter. I find that by doing that and waiting for 20 minutes afterward, the craving has went away completely. The key for me is eating good quality protein with all of my meals and snacks.

Speaking of protein, today I found the most delectable little high protein treat...Cocoa Roast Almonds. Chocolate and protein...the best of both worlds. You should try them if you haven't yet. I'm going to stick a pouch or two in my purse so I have them when I'm in a pinch.

I just can't express to you all how happy I am. I posted today on Facebook that I am at peace with food and I mean that. No longer am I looking for my next quick fix. I have control over my cravings and my life and I deserve to look and feel good!

I did want to note that I have yet to have pop of any sort for nearly a month now. And I don't want it! Isn't that crazy?! I did have candy last night at the movie theater but it really wasn't that good.

Today I bought size 16 jeans from Old Navy. I fit comfortably in size 18s, which is down six sizes from when I started my journey back in 2008. I decided to buy the next size down so I have something to gauge my progress by and something to look forward to. God, I can't wait to lose more weight! :D