Sunday, August 1, 2010

24-Day Weight Loss Challenge - Day #14

Breakfast - Omelet w/squash, green/yellow peppers, zucchini, cheddar cheese and salsa
Lunch - Nothing (oops!) - although I did have a Spark energy drink
Dinner - Bratwurst w/sauerkraut, cheese-dog, green beans, and cheddar cheese
Evening snack - A couple of glasses of wine

While I was at Walmart I was excited to find these:


Haven't ate any yet but I'm happy that they're there in case I get a craving. They're only 60 calories, they're sugar-free, and only 4 net carbs! :)

I didn't have lunch today because I had a really late breakfast and ran errands during the mid-day and just didn't get a chance to eat. I had to go shopping at Walmart and had anxiety attacks the entire time I was there. I think the reason this is happening is because I am not using food as an emotional crutch anymore. When I am sad, upset, happy, or excited about something I must actually feel and live in the moment. It's a foreign concept to me and I have got to get used to it. Sometimes it's painful but sometimes it's a great feeling too. I guess I have to take the good with the bad.

I also discovered today that I am beginning to HATE processed meat. I found the bratwurst to be almost non-edible. The cheese dog was alright but I wasn't crazy about it.

I've decided to finish out the challenge doing an Atkins-type induction. I know how to do that, and it's much less restrictive than the challenge's recommended meal plan. It's only 10 days too and so I'm fairly confident that I can do it and finish strong. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: