Sunday, August 8, 2010

24-Day Weight Loss Challenge - Day #21

Brunch - Omelet w/cheddar cheese, sour cream, salsa, and sausage, Spark drink
Dinner - Bun-less cheeseburger, broccoli, and cottage cheese
Snack: Almonds and wine (what a combination?!)
Water: 64 oz.
Exercise: Nothing

Today was a sucky day because we had company and my sister Naomi was having (nearly) a nervous breakdown. My mom found a large lump in her breast on Thursday night and immediately saw her doctor on Friday who ordered an emergency mammogram to be done tomorrow. The lump measured a 1.25x1.25 inches and the doctor said that she will likely need an emergency mammogram. In hindsight, she probably shouldn't have told my sister because she's still emotionally unstable but I can't blame her because she is terrified and just wants to talk to us about it. I am praying that it isn't breast cancer because I'm not done with her yet...I am huge Momma's girl and I think I would die without her. I just can't imagine her not in my life...especially since she's the only one of my family who truly cares about me and the boys. We need her in our lives...especially considering how close she and the boys have gotten. Plus, she is only 46 and is too young to leave me. Please just pray for her if you pray and if you don't, please send some positive vibes her way since she could really use them.