Wednesday, August 11, 2010

24-Day Weight Loss Challenge - Day #24

Breakfast: Ham & cheese omelet
Snack: Almonds
Lunch: Chili cheese dog w/curly fries
Snack: Sangria
Dinner: Grilled chicken Cobb salad
Water: 80 oz.
Exercise: Swimming for several hours today

I am just plain disappointed in myself today. We had a family day today where Matt and I took the day off of work to take the boys to Zoombezi Bay, which the local water park. Lunch is where I screwed up hard core. There were no salads at any of the concession stands and the choices I had for a combo were the chili cheese dog, a hot dog, or chicken tenders - all with fries. Yeah...none were good choices. I did find out while we were there that you can bring a cooler and eat outside of the park. Nowhere on their website did it say anything about that so next time we're definitely doing that.

So needless to say, my final weigh in is likely going to suck and I'm sure I won't win the contest. That's okay though because I learned a lot over this past few weeks. I learned quite a bit more about the kind of eating habits that I'd like to make a lifestyle out of. I learned to think hard about cravings and to try eating something "good" before going for a bad choice because once I eat something "good", the bad craving tends to go away. I also learned that I am truly ready to change the weigh I eat and that I want to and WILL get healthy.

I do want to note that I did have some small victories today. I did not have any pop when everyone else did at lunch and then on the way home, we stopped at an ice cream shop and I only got an ice water. This is the second time in the past week that I've passed on ice cream!!! :D

I decided that I am going to go back to the Weight Watchers style of eating. It's truly the only style of eating that makes me happy. I think that Weight Watchers, coupled with supplements from Advocare, are going to be what gets me where I need to be at with my health and weight.

So...this is just the beginning of a long journey to the new me. :)

No comments: