Monday, August 23, 2010

Food Journal - Monday, 8/23/10

I was a little low on my points but there just isn't anything that sounds good right now that's healthy. Sure junk sounds yummy but I've had enough for the past couple of days. :)

I have a friend at work who has lost about 40 lbs. since around Easter on Weight Watchers (she has another 30-40 to go) and I asked her about some of the fitness things she was doing to help her succeed. I noticed that she walks on her breaks and she confirmed that she does every break (morning, lunch, and afternoon). She goes to the gym every now and then and then walks at home a few nights a week at home. I decided to start breaking up my exercise over my breaks. As much as I love walking and soaking up some sun, I get more bang for my buck by using the elliptical so I have been going down there three times a day recently. I love the break I get from work and the way I feel when I'm done. Plus, I've noticed that go a further distance and burn more calories by breaking it up versus doing it in a half hour. I think that's because by the time I hit the 10 minute mark, I'm dying and just tired and don't put my full effort into the rest of the workout. For instance, today I went 2.37 miles total and burned 370 calories. :) Doing it in small increments is much more do-able for me and I find myself actually getting bummed to go back to work when my time is up. I'm going to try to really stick to this this week since Matt and I are trying to go away for the weekend and I need to earn all of the AP's that I can. You want to know what's funny about this too? I played around with my fitness tracker and determined that I can earn 3 AP's by doing 33 minutes on the elliptical instead of 2 AP's for 30 minutes so I'm doing 11-minute increments 3 times a day. I crack myself up!

Oh, and before I sign off, I weighed in this morning and I'm down another 4.1 lbs. since last week's weigh-in. I am SO proud of myself! I busted my ass and planned my food like crazy last week and it obviously paid off. My official weigh in was 237.8 and I got my 5% award from WW today. I almost took a picture of it because as much as I've done WW on-line (over the past year off and on), I don't think I've ever gotten the 5% party on my screen. It was too cute! :)

Monday, August 23, 2010
Morning
1 serving(s) Slim Fast Shake (Rich Chocolate Royale) 4
1 serving(s) Advocare Spark 1
Subtotal 5
Midday
1/2 cup(s) No Sugar Added Applesauce 1
1 item(s) Smart Ones Lasagna Florentine 6
1 piece(s) Light string cheese 1
2 oz baby carrots 0.5
Subtotal 8.5
Evening
2 serving(s) Au Gratin Potatoes (Betty Crocker - 1/2 c.) 5.5
1/2 cup(s) cooked frozen corn kernels 1
1 serving(s) Schwans Salmon Burger 2
Subtotal 8.5
Anytime
28 item(s) Baked! Scoops tortilla chips 4
1/2 cup(s) Thick & Chunky Mild Cilantro Salsa 0
Subtotal 4
Food POINTS values total used 26
Food POINTS values remaining 3
Activity
33 min elliptical trainer, moderate intensity 3
Activity POINTS values earned 3
Check off these important items daily:
Liquids
Milk & Milk Products
Fruit & vegetables
Multivitamin/Mineral
Healthy Oil
Activity
Lean Protein
Whole Grains

No comments: