Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I just want to bawl my fricking eyes out right now. This damn "Legal Environment of Business" class is going to kill me. I've got a total of 7 exams, 3 of which I've already taken. The exams have almost 100 questions and take nearly 3 hours to complete. I've gotten D's on every single one. I'm not a "D" student and it's really pissing me off because it's going to kill my GPA. That is what bothers me the most. I've worked way too hard to come this far to either fail or get a low grade in this class. I don't have much cushion in my GPA to still graduate Magna Cum Laude...I really wanted to graduate Summa but I'll be happy with Magna. I'll be completely depressed if I don't graduate with honors at all because of this stupid class because I've worked entirely too hard to be just average. Of course this is no offense to anyone who is an average (or even a below average student) - I have unreasonable expectations for myself and that's where that comes from. I don't hold other people to the same standards that I do myself if that makes any sense.

I'm also just flat pissed about my weight loss this week. One effing pound?! Really?! I think I might be overestimating my activity points a little. I just found out this week (from my buddy Kyla maybe?) that you can earn about 1 AP for every 80 calories earned. I wish the damn AP calculator on WW on-line would go by calories burned because I could get a much better idea of what I'm earning than just guessing. I mean, I worked my ass off to the point that the damn machine started slowing down because my heart rate was so high on Saturday. This is just really disheartening. I need to cut back on my sugar intake too and up my water. I guess I'll try that this week and see how that goes. I did have a minor setback because of all this but I logged my mini-binge session. I had 7 packs of the Valentines Smarties packs. I feel sick. :(

Enough ranting. I'm exhausted and need to TRY to get some sleep. Maybe I can make it to the Y tomorrow if I'm lucky.

Morning
1 item(s) Light Multi-Grain English Muffin
3
1 serving(s) Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter w/Honey
6
4 cup(s) black coffee
0
6 tsp nondairy powdered creamer
2
4 packet(s) sweetener
0
6 oz Vanilla nonfat yogurt
2
1/3 large cantaloupe
0
Subtotal 13
Midday
2 cup(s) Light Soups Light zesty santa fe style chicken
3
1 cup(s) carrot(s)
0
3 Tbsp Light Done Right Ranch Salad Dressing
3
1 piece(s) Light string cheese
1
Subtotal 7
Evening
1 medium green pepper(s)
0
1/2 cup(s) mushroom(s)
0
3 cup(s) tossed salad without dressing
0
1/2 cup(s) onion(s)
0
2 serving(s) Marzetti Honey Dijon Mustard
10
7 oz cooked chicken breast
7
Subtotal 17
Anytime
1 large clementine
0
1 oz almonds
4
7 serving(s) Smarties Love Hearts Candy Rolls
12
Subtotal 16
Food PointsPlus values total used 53
Food PointsPlus values remaining 0
Activity
No entries for activity.
Activity PointsPlus values earned 0
Check off these important items daily:
Liquids
Milk & Milk Products
Fruit & vegetables
Multivitamin/Mineral
Healthy Oil
Activity

3 comments:

K said...

Hey now, Jess!! Just Monday you said "I'll be happy with a 1 pound loss this week" that was due to AF as well as a big meal. Don't be so hard on yourself. A pound is a loss. You didn't maintain, you didn't gain, you lost! I know you worked extra hard with the AP's and I think it really bites that it didn't show the effects that much this week, but you did lose, AND you treated yourself to candy. Do you feel deprived? I'm betting not really. Slow and steady wins the race!!

That testing sounds awful :(

I think you should re-do your goals this week. First? Not being so hard on yourself. We're only human :)

Jess said...

I know, I know. I was just really frustrated last night. Matt is losing like crazy, you're losing like crazy, and everyone else is and although I'm thrilled for y'all, I feel like I'm running myself ragged trying to get this damn weight off and that I should have lost more than a pound. Not to mention that I'm stressed and not getting the sleep I should. I'm sure all that coupled w/AF don't help matters any. Maybe next week's weigh-in will be better. Let's hope so.

Thanks for the great advice and support though. It means a lot to me. I couldn't do this without my WW buddies! :)

K said...

Well if it helps, I think I'm in for a gain this week... after my big loss last week, I kind of expected a gain this week, and I'm on the road to exactly that. I'm up 1.2 as of this morning from Sunday! :(

I hope today was a better day!!