Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wowza!

I kicked my own ass today. Wowza!

I did HIIT outside as I alternated brisk walking and jogging/running...one minute of running for every four minutes of walking. 1.45 miles in 23 minutes.

I was seriously reconsidering doing the couch to 5K as I mentioned previously. However, I hate quitting something without giving it a good go so I'm going to stick with it and see how it goes. My damn iPod was dead though so I'm going to have to remember to charge it before the next time.

It's bad enough that my boobs almost gave me two black eyes but without something to focus on (i.e. my music) I was extremely self-conscious of my blubber bouncing around for all to see. I work in a well-to-do suburb of Columbus, Ohio so the people in the beemers and Mercedes got a nice show today. Oh, well. Hope they got a good laugh.

I'm just kidding. Kind of. I'm just a little neurotic like that. For the longest time I wouldn't exercise outside because I swore that people were secretly laughing at me or making fun of me. It's taken a long time to get over this neurosis and it's still a work in progress but I refuse to let this blubber hold me back from exercising like that outside.

It was beautiful today. 50 degrees or so and nice and sunny. I can't wait for Spring!!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

You've hit on yet another reason I am also reconsidering the 5K - I don't want anyone to see me running. I have enough anxiety as it is. I was trying to walk down the street last week and a truck stopped to drop someone off, and they were right in my way, going slowly as I walked. Screw that. Don't look at me.

Jess said...

We are two peas in a pod. Scary?! ;)