Monday, March 9, 2009

Blech!

Yeah, I know. I suck. I haven't blogged in days.

I did horrible with my food this weekend. It all started on Friday. To be honest, I was pissed at myself for only losing .2 lbs. since it would have been more but for my little mini-binge session on pizza and chocolate chip cookies on Wednesday.

So what did I do, you ask?

I ate, and ate, and ate, and ate, and ate some more. Here is a bit of what I had this past weekend (Friday to today): doughnut, pizza, shamrock shake, so many chocolate-covered peanut clusters (from Amish country) that I feel like I'm going to puke if I ever eat another one (about 3/4 of a 1 lbs. bag), a medium double mocha Starbucks frappucino, boneless chicken teriyaki wings from BW3s, potato wedges, one regular margarita, a few sips of regular cherry coke, several pieces of chocolate peanut butter fudge and not one but two honey mustard chicken sandwiches.

Matt is going to kick my ass. I don't blame him...I need someone to.

I feel absolutely DISGUSTING. Maybe I am a binge eater after all? :(

When I talked to my therapist today I told her that I feel like if I just had a sponsor like alcoholics do, I'd do so much better. Maybe I can enlist my mom to be my 'sponsor'??? She can give me tough love without hurting my feelings.

I cannot believe that I blew my fucking weigh-in already this week. (pardon the cussing...I'm PISSED!)

I'm sorry everyone. :( I'm going to try to get back on track tomorrow.

3 comments:

MotherFingPrincess said...

Hey, I know how you feel. I need a sponser for this pepsi addiction. I use blogging to tell everyone what I do so that I feel somewhat accountable for my actions. it has helped me so far. Still 3 a day strong :)

I am only struggling with one thing, though. Struggling with food in general is hard. Cheap food is also bad food - so what is a girl to do when she wants to eat but money is tight? What about feeling like you always have to monitor yourself or feeling like food has control over you? That all sucks! It should not be that way. That's life and nobody is perfect 100% of the time.

I forgot to tell you about something else I learned at the seminar - you should be aiming for 85 to 90% perfection. That gives you some wiggle room. Your mini binge had you down - I know it did so don't say it didn't- and if you think about it you will see that was probably a little mess up - like 15% or so - and that keeps you in that 85 to 90% goal area. I'm just saying.

Okay, I rambled on long enough :) Got to get my butt to bed now. I'll try not to fall off my soap box. ;)

Becky said...

"That's life and nobody is perfect 100% of the time."

I absolutely agree with this. You have to build some play into your plan. I was skeptical at first, and I told myself (and my blog) that there was no way I would ever be able to handle eating "off plan" even in small amounts. I'd beat myself up just like you are now. I kept reading my Body For Life and Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle books (my weight loss bibles!!) and even the authors of those books do exactly what Princess said - aim for 85-90% Once I accepted that and put it into action, it's been so much easier.

Jess said...

You chicks are great! Thanks for the great advice. :)

I tend to beat myself up so much when I screw up now but even if I have a bad few days, I still dust myself off and pick myself back up.

At least I was still exercising consistently during the binge, huh? That's probably what saved my ass on my weigh-in. It will be interesting to see what the weigh-in says on Friday...