Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring break!

Thank God school is over for the quarter! This past quarter seriously kicked my ass! That is the first and last time I take three classes in one quarter and work full-time.

I totally blanked on about 1/3 of my final exam in my Computer Applications II class. I lost 20 out of 100 points because of my little brain fart. It dropped my GPA 7 points to 3.81. Argh!

The dork in me really, really wants to graduate Summa Cum Laude. There's no way that's happening with that GPA. :/

I'm taking Organizational Behavior (boring!) and Pre-Algebra next quarter. Yes folks...you read that right. I SUCK at math. I had really shitty math teachers in high school (Heather will vouch for this) and I didn't learn anything from them. So I get to taking effing Pre-Algebra.

It's totally going to blow.

5 comments:

MotherFingPrincess said...

I suck at math in college, too. High school was not bad for me - I got A+'s most of the time. College math sucks - I have had business math, though, and it was so hard I never really understood it.

Jess said...

When we took Algebra I together, I got an A +. Then I took Geometry and got a B+. Then came Algebra II, where I was LUCKY to get a C. I remember people like Jenny Kinner, who were normally honor roll students, failing the tests in those classes.

Remember those two new teachers, straight out of college for the latter two math classes? The one was Mrs. P (something Italian sounding, I think) and then the guy (can't remember his name) was chubby, weird, and looked like a pedophile.

Maybe you got lucky and didn't have them but they SUCKED.

I heard that one of MTC's math teachers is really good. I'm hoping I get him for this class. I think I could really excel at math if I got someone who could teach it to me like I'm a tard so I can understand it.

(that was wrong on SO many levels!)

Becky said...

I love algebra. The only math I don't like is geometry.

MotherFingPrincess said...

I think I had Henry for both Algebra's and can't remeber who I had for Geometry. Don't remember Italian chick or chubby fellow. LOl PC we are not :)

Jess said...

Becky - woo-hoo! Now I know who to go to when I'm completely clueless about my math homework. :P

Heather - LMAO. We are definitely not!