Sunday, March 29, 2009

Low Carb Banana Walnut Muffins

Can you say, scrum - diddly - frigging - umptious?!?!?!

Here is the recipe. And here are the pics:






They have NO flour in them whatsoever but you can't tell. There is no funny aftertaste either. The only complaint I had is that they did stick to the muffin liners a little. So...you may want to spray them with a little cooking spray before you put the mixture in the liners.


Guess what I'm having for breakfast this week? :oP

Oh, and here is the nutritional info before I forget:

Per Muffin: 280 Calories; 23g Fat; 9g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carbs

2 comments:

MotherFingPrincess said...

I can not find almond flour. Kroger has flaxseed flour I think, but it is super expensive. I found all sorts of low carb baked goodies, but could not find the right flour to make them. I have soy flour, but found out after I bought it that it can not be used alone in baking. You have to mix it with white flour. Not sure why, but soy flour is basically crap and I have a whole brand new box of it. Anyway, these are on my muffin shop list :)

Jess said...

I bought the almond flour at Kroger's. Look in the Organic/Natural Food aisles. It is super expensive though. Like $10 for one thing of it, which will only make about 24 muffins. I got the milled flaxseed for only $2 or so, so that wasn't too bad. You are right though; all the baking recipes I found for soy flour required using regular flour too. Sucky McSucky.