Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Self-sabotage, anyone?

I was doing SO good and then BAM! They snuck up on me. The mindless munchies that is.

It all started with Breakfast. I coordinate a birthday celebration group at my job and I'm in charge of picking up the bagels for each birthday from Panera (yummy!). I've gotten a souffle the past couple of times, which is not really low-carb but I believe it's better than the bagels. Then I decided to pick up Subway for lunch while I was out. All and all, not bad on it's own. I decided to work over and I was not prepared; I didn't bring a snack (although I still had my pita and sugar-free jell-o from lunch so that was no excuse) and so I got super hungry in the afternoon. There was leftover pizza and HUGE chocolate chip cookies from an on-site luncheon so I helped myself to both. I only had 3 small pieces of pizza but I ate not one but TWO of the damn chocolate chip cookies!

I really, really hope I didn't blow my weigh-in this week.

Oh, and I didn't get to work out since I worked over but I am doing HIIT on the elliptical tomorrow so hopefully that will help.

WTH is wrong with me?!

Better choices tomorrow. That's what I'm making.

5 comments:

MotherFingPrincess said...

A slip up does not mean there is something wrong with you. You are doing good overall. Look at the big picture. Next time, though, only have one cookie :)

Jess said...

I know, I know. I should be proud that throughout all my recent eff-ups, I dust myself off and keep on truckin.

Before I would have used that as an excuse to take days, weeks, or even months off.

Not anymore!

MotherFingPrincess said...

Good for you! No slip ups for anyone anymore! We have a hot date goal to reach :)

Becky said...

"Before I would have used that as an excuse to take days, weeks, or even months off.

Not anymore!"



Jess, this is great progress. I was the same way. You should be proud of yourself that you got right back on track.

Jess said...

Thanks, Becky.

What I failed to mention in this blog is how I felt after eating all of that shit. I felt disgusting and nauseous. The other good news is that my stomach has shrunk quite a bit. I get full very easily now so I'm definitely happy about that.

One day at a time. :)