Friday, January 9, 2009

Woo-hoo!

So I weighed in today and I lost 6.7 lbs.!

Holy crap?! I've never lost that much in such a short amount of time (technically 4 days since I bombed on Monday).

I know a lot of it is water weight but I credit some of the loss to cutting out the diet pop. I cut out diet pop due to the articles I've been reading about it not being good for you when you are trying to lose weight. I was also having trouble sleeping, which it seems to have helped out slightly. Instead of diet pop, I switched to green tea in the afternoon and bumped up my water.

I also started working out again this week. Nothing crazy; just 15 minutes on the elliptical a couple of times.

I told Matt the good news before I left for work this morning and the look on his face was priceless.

Only 6.2 lbs. to go until I get back to my pre-holiday weight! :)

3 comments:

Becky said...

Great job, Jess! I really want to cut out all the artificial sweeteners. I've cut back on pop, but I'm drinking more Splenda-sweetened coffee. Ugh. Maybe this summer when it's warm and I actually want water. I struggle to get my 80 ounces as it is.

Jess said...

Me too, Becky! It's almost next to impossible though because I'm such a sugar JUNKIE when I'm not LCing. I don't do too bad when I'm LCing but I'd still like to severely limit my intake. I'm interested to see how it will go this time with little to no diet pop. Normally, I would have a 24 oz. diet Dr. Pepper in the p.m. Just green tea now...

Oh, and coffee is my vice. And...I can't bring myself to drink it without splenda or a DaVinci sugar-free syrup either.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!