Saturday, January 31, 2009

So I have to take a break for a minute...

From my homework. Effing class is about ready to make me lose my mind!

So...I may or may not have mentioned that Matt is low-carb dieting with me. He doesn't really make a big deal out of it (unlike me!) because he doesn't have the food issues that I do. "I just don't think about it," he said last night when I was boo-hooing over the cake (or something like that...I'm horrible at quoting people).

He rarely weighs himself (unlike me since I weigh in 2-3 times per week), hasn't started back working out (unlike me who works out 60-90+ minutes per week), and struggles to get his daily water in (unlike me who can drink 80-120 oz. per day plus coffee and sugar-free kool-aid) and the man has managed to lose probably close to 15 lbs. since we've been back on track.

Now I will say that his job is more active than mine (I sit probably 95% of my work day) and I do 'indulge' (ha, ha! that's putting it mildly, huh?) more often than he does but I'm still frustrated!

Don't get me wrong...I'm really happy for him (and proud!) and he's looking uber sexy now (hubba, hubba!) but he now weighs maybe 8 pounds more than me.

I don't know what I'll do if his weight gets down below mine. I don't know if my self-esteem can take the hit right now. I have only weighed more than him once in our relationship and that was because I was 9 months pregnant with Collin.

I have GOT to get my butt in gear!

Men suck.

3 comments:

MotherFingPrincess said...

Sister, you need to get a grip here because I know how you are and this could be a huge set back. I have an article in the works that I will try to finish up quick - it is just about this sort of thing. It may help you.

I know how it is to see other people just breezing through life, eating crap, not exercising, while I bust my butt and still am fat. It sucks! There is a reason this happens, though.

Trust me, it is not the end of the world when you weigh more than your man. Also, he probably doesn't even think of it like that, so don't get too upset if that comes (and I stress 'if').

On the up side - way to go Matt! Take a few notes from him. Maybe his chill attitude will rub off :)

You are doing good. Just stay with it, dude. You can do whatever you set your mind to no matter how hard the road is.

Jess said...

You know me too well, babe. I do have a feeling that he will pass me on the weight loss but I have to keep reminding myself that he's a man, I'm a woman...my metabolism sucks, his doesn't...I'm on the run more than he is and encounter more daily temptations...he has a healthy relationship with food, I don't...blah, blah, blah.

I'm going to keep plugging. I've said for awhile (at least on Sparkpeople) that my goal is to just be healthy. I'm going to try hard not to pay attention to actual weight number but it's hard, just like you said. Maybe I'll just focus one pants size at a time instead of pounds.

I am very interested to see the article you are putting together...

Becky said...

FingPrincess is right - don't let this get in your way. You can use it as motivation, but don't let it bring you down!!!