Sunday, January 18, 2009

Quick update on my weigh-in from Friday

I only lost .4 lbs. :(

I was a little depressed at first but I know most of it is probably water because it's that time. I did have one meal where I cheated and there were a few random pieces of chocolate and a couple of low water days in there.

Yesterday was pretty bad when it came to bad eating. This Saturday class I'm taking is really testing my willpower and I'm failing miserably. Our instructor brings us breakfast since it starts so early. For a 'normal' eater, the stuff isn't too bad: bagels, cream cheese, orange juice, milk, granola bars, coffee cake, and donut holes.

We had to do 'training' sessions yesterday for our individual projects and probably half the women in the class did food-related training sessions. I was no different - I brought cupcakes. So in addition to the breakfast stuff, we had cookies, brownies, cupcakes, a whipped cream dessert, and candy.

I'm not going to share what I ate but just know that I blew it. Not as bad as I thought I would but it was not good and so next Friday's weigh-in may reflect it.

I have got to get myself under control!

7 comments:

Becky said...

It's hard, Jess, but try not to beat yourself up. I don't think we're ever going to be able to eat like normal people.

Can you bring your own breakfast to your Saturday classes? I don't think your instructor would be offended. You don't owe an explanation, but you could just tell him/her that you have medically necessary dietary restrictions.

I'm curious about the training sessions - what does food have to do with it? What kind of class is it?

Jess said...

I know. I just feel like a broken record sometimes. This is still by far the longest that I've ate well even though I haven't lost much weight. It is a lifestyle change and that's what I've got to get through my gourd! :)

I could definitely bring my own breakfast, or get up a little earlier to eat before I leave. I doubt she'd be offended if I didn't eat; I didn't last week.

I think my problem with this week is that it was really busy so I didn't get to work on my project until Friday night, and so I didn't get to bed until really late and therefore got up late and didn't have time to eat before I left. This should be the only week like that since the rest of our work should be done in class (according to the instructor).

It's a training and development class; she wanted to get a baseline idea of where we were individually as far as our ability to present a training session and so she let us pick what we wanted to train on; I decided to train people how to ice a cupcake using piped icing since it's something that I know how to do well...that was probably part of my problem right there.

Becky said...

Shoot, I need that presentation. I can't pipe icing to save my life.

About feeling like a broken record - I totally understand. This is such a crazy, vicious cycle. It's hard to get it right. This is seriously the hardest thing I have ever done.

Jess said...

I swear by Wilton.com. That's where I've learned most of my stuff.

It is incredibly HARD. Sometimes I feel like I just have to take it a meal at a time. I just wish I would have stayed on track around the holidays because my mindset was great and so was my willpower. Now I feel just powerless over food. That's something that I imagine I'll be talking to the therapist about tomorrow...

We are going to do this though!

MotherFingPrincess said...

Anger helps me through :) Seriously, when I am super mad I work out like a crazy woman and food is the last thing I want. I don't get the whole emotional eating thing - I do not feel like eating when I am sad, pissed, whatever. I am a bored eater. I am also like you - if it is offered then I will take it.

Like Becky said this is hard. It is very hard, but since I've gotten pissed off at how unfair the whole weight thing is it has helped.

Try being mad, Jessica. Anger...it does a body good.

Jess said...

That's definitely a good idea. Believe it or not, I tend to clean when I'm angry to burn off some of that energy and to keep my mind off of things. (you can't tell by looking at my house...argh!)

Emotional eating is extremely hard to deal/live with on a daily basis. I'm glad that you don't have to deal with it.

You know what else is funny? Now that I'm getting back into eating better, I'm feeling better and my body is actually CRAVING exercise. I almost did last night but I had frigging homework to do and then had to finish cleaning for the day. Double argh?!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

You had a loss and that is GREAT!!!