Sunday, January 11, 2009

Accomplished

So Matt & I just figured out now why our house looks trashed all the time. We had about 3/4 of Collin's toys out in the Family and Formal Living room. Anyone who knows Collin knows that his nickname is the terrible two-year old tornado. As a matter of fact, as I was doing my cleaning/organizing today, no sooner did I put something away, he got something else out and so I was basically picking up behind him. Soooooo frustrating! I cannot wait until he's out of this phase!

Anywho...we got smart and put the majority of his toys in his room. Before we could do this, I had to go through all of his clothes to donate and store the stuff that's too small. Then I had to reorganize the closest, which entailed getting rid of a bunch of baby stuff like lotion, nasal bulbs, and baby powder, which made me sad since my baby is growing up. Next, I had to go through his toys; throwing away the broken ones or the ones with missing parts and storing the ones he's outgrown (hopefully for the next bambino! :). Lastly, I completely re-arranged his room so now he can 'live' in it a bit more and we can confine the messes to there instead of ALL OVER THE FRIGGING HOUSE.

The rest of my house is pretty much a disaster area since I had my first Saturday class yesterday (Training and Development...yay!) and didn't get a chance to touch it. However, with the majority of the toys gone, it shouldn't take long at all to get picked up and organized.

One thing down, 50 more to go.

No comments: