Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm so freaking hungry right now! I'm having an extremely difficult time today. I feel like I'm teetering on the edge. :( I'm tired as hell too, which isn't helping matters any.

Something I forgot to mention is that I FINALLY have an appointment with an endocrinologist on April 5th. I don't think I've mentioned this here before but believe it or not, I haven't always been fat, LOL. My weight gain started back in 2000, when I started taking birth control on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong; I was overweight --- I weighed between 160 and 175 lbs. but I stayed in that range. From then on, I steadily gained 10 lbs. per year until I plateaued at around 255 lbs. I've always had extreme fatigue issues; I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome several times in high school but I've become so accustomed to being tired 24-7 that I just stopped complaining about it. I'm tired no matter what; I can sleep 4-5 hours or 10 hours and feel close to the same. My hair falls out, my nails are brittle, my skin is dry...I've got classic hypothyroid symptoms. I've had my thyroid tested about every 2 years for the past 10+ years but they've never found anything off about my levels. I mentioned something to my nurse practitioner when I was sick last week and she ordered another thyroid test. This time, a new test is being done that should actually give my levels so that way even if I'm in the "normal" level, they can tell if I'm close to being too high or too low. I have several relatives on both sides of my family that have thyroid problems so as much as I hate to say it, I hope that's what's wrong with me. I just want to feel better! :(

Morning
2 cup(s) black coffee
0
1 serving(s) Mott's Plus Light Applesauce
1
6 oz Vanilla nonfat yogurt
2
1/2 serving(s) Almond Breeze Refrigerated Milk - Vanilla
1
1 cup(s) Fiber one caramel delight
5
4 packet(s) Granulated Sugar Substitute
0
Subtotal 9
Midday
1/2 serving(s) Fit & Active brown rice
2
1 serving(s) Mott's Plus Light Applesauce
1
2/3 Chicken Teriyaki Stir-fry
5
Subtotal 8
Evening
2 serving(s) Oscar Mayer 98% fat free hot dog
2
1 serving(s) Nickel's multigrain low-calorie bread x 2 slices
2
1 cup(s) Mixed Vegetables, Frozen
2
3/4 cup(s) Roasted Garlic Potato Flakes Mix, Prepared
7
Subtotal 13
Anytime
2 item(s) Crunchy Granola Bar Oats 'N Honey Granola Bar(s)
5
6 serving(s) Smarties
4
7 cookie(s) Cookies Thin mints
8
Subtotal 17
Food PointsPlus values total used 47
Food PointsPlus values remaining 0
Activity
No entries for activity.
Activity PointsPlus values earned 0
Check off these important items daily:
Liquids
Milk & Milk Products
Fruit & vegetables
Multivitamin/Mineral
Healthy Oil
Activity

No comments: