Monday, February 16, 2009

You sure do know how to make a gal feel good!

I, quite possibly, have the best group of cyber and real-life friends ever. :) Thank you all SO much for your support. Your e-mails, chats, and well-wishes are much appreciated. I still struggle on a day to day basis with getting healthy (I refuse to call it a diet since I think of diets as temporary) but I do know without your support (as well as Matt's), I wouldn't have made it where I have today.

I do have some special shout-outs:

Becky - my cyber BFF. You have been my #1 support throughout this process and I don't know what I would have done without you. Thank you for answering my questions and just being there for me. I can't wait to finally meet you this summer!

Heather - my real life BFF. I love the fact that you're blogging now. You have a wealth of information already in your blog and I can't wait to read your next installments. Thanks for talking me home numerous nights and listening to me whine.

Lisa - Thank you for being so candid on your blog. You are such a sweet person and I know that you WILL reach your own weight loss goal in the future. Just take it one pound at a time, girl. We didn't get chubby overnight so unfortunately, we're not going to lose it overnight. Hang in there!

Matt - Maybe I should have mentioned you first. Since we all know I don't cook, this definitely wouldn't be possible without you. Well...maybe. I'd just be eating those processed frozen boxed meals that Becky hates so much. :P But seriously...you keep me (or try to keep me) on the straight and narrow and are a huge inspiration to me with your dedication to getting healthy. I love you.

Jody - Thanks for being my work-out buddy and listening to my vents. :) I'm so glad you got a job at our company.

Sara, Lisa, & Edy (and anyone else I forgot) - thanks for being so upbeat, supportive, and positive on our message boards. You guys rock! :)

I am having a rough week this week. No binge or overeating really, just having a hard time focusing and staying away from the bad food in the house (i.e. Valentines' Day candy!). I am going to try to step up the exercise this week since the Saturday class is done (I got an A+ by the way), so hopefully that will help counteract some of the damage I've done. We'll see...

6 comments:

Becky said...

Jess, you're doing a wonderful job and I love talking to you about everything! You're so motivating to me and even though it sucks that we're in this binge eating boat, you're a great friend to sit next to through the ups and downs.

WTG on your grade in the your class!!!

Jess said...

Thanks, Becky! We are going to get through this together and we're going to be some sexy mamacitas when we reach our goals. :)

InWeighOverMyHead said...

You are my inspiration now! :) I LOVE keeping up with you.

Jess said...

Aww! Thanks, Lisa! You can do it too!!!

Sara said...

WOOHOO! Thanks for the shoutout! And right back at cha on the support, it really means so much and is totally motivational! Thanks for being a friend :)

P.S. Are you visiting the OBX this Summer? Is that how you and Becky are gonna meet up? If so, I want in on that too! :D

Jess said...

Ha, ha, Sara! :) Actually, Becky is going to take a slight detour on one of her NY trips and I'm going to drive a few hours to meet her. I think we decided on Wheeling, WV.

There is a small chance that we may come down to the OBX this summer if my South Dakota trip doesn't pan out and if that happens, I definitely want to meet you too! :)