Sunday, February 22, 2009

I suck

Today I was feeling particularly energetic after I got re-hydrated and popped a couple of Ibuprofen (I'm getting WAY too old to drink anymore, BTW) so I decided to try something other than the elliptical and the Wii Fit.

I dusted off 'The Firm', got on my workout clothes, got my weights, and on my way I went.

Um...Yeah...I had to stop about 20 minutes into the work-out. Sure it was hard physically to do but it was even more difficult for me to keep up mentally with the ever changing movements. It was driving me batty and it made me feel like a huge failure.

Then I decided to try out the Windor Pilates tapes I've got. First of all, I bought the tapes back in 2005 right before I found out I was pregnant with Collin so they were never even taken out of the plastic.

Anywho...another dumb idea of mine. hahahahahaha <---- that's maniacal laughter there. I watched some of the crap they did and I know there's no way in hell that my body is able to contort like that right now.

If you have any suggestions for any work-out videos that don't make me have to think too much and use strength training, let me know. Otherwise...off to scour SparkPeople for inspiration.

4 comments:

Becky said...

The Biggest Loser DVDs require no thought whatsoever! That is why I like them. Turbo Jam is about as challenging as I get, and it usually takes me several weeks to get the moves down. Reading your blog, I'm kind of scared to try The Firm.

Don't get me started on pilates.

Jess said...

Hmm...might have to check out the Biggest Loser DVDs. I think my friend Heather has done them and likes them too. I've thought about doing something with boxing too since I like the Wii Fit boxing so well.

Don't get me wrong though. I do want to do both of them eventually but I guess I'm just not ready mentally yet.

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Becky said...

You do things when you're ready, and do what you enjoy. Otherwise you'll resent it. That's why I've pretty much abandoned my elliptical. I did so much ellipticalling when I first started out and it got boring and I dreaded it and it just pissed me off.

How about Tae Bo? Do you have Netflix? You can always try before you buy.

Here is a site that has videos (or segments of full length ones) online for free:

http://videos.emule.com/videos/cardio/

Here's a site that reviews fitness DVDs. I think you can tell it what kind of video you want (based on several different criteria) and it will make suggestions:

http://www.videofitness.com/

Jess said...

Thanks for the websites, Becky. I just now noticed your comment. We don't have Netflix but that's a good idea. My friend Heather does that.