Sunday, February 8, 2009

Yeah!!!

So...I got my iPod yesterday. I don't remember if I told you all that I was getting one or not. My friend Becky suggested that I get one. Not only does listening to it perk up my mood, but I have a feeling that I'll have a much cleaner house and that I'll work out more.

One interesting thing that is kind of related to this is that I found out in my Training & Development class that I'm an auditory learner. What does that mean? That means that I'm very musically inclined...I even learn to music...seriously! (that's how I memorized stuff when I was in my accounting classes)

When I was single and had my own apartment, it was spotless! I used to turn on my stereo, jam out, and clean the heck out of my house. I can't jam out to my tunes anymore because: a) Matt hates my booty-shaking music (I don't blame him...I'm almost 30-years old and listen to the stuff that my teenage brothers and sisters like...sad or cool? you decide), b) it's not really kid-friendly or kid-appropriate music, and c) I like really loud, I mean really LOUD music....I want my kids to be able to hear when they're older.

Added bonus with the iPod: it drowns out the tantrums of my terrible-two year old. (does that make me a bad mom?) :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

So what's on your playlist? OOOh, we should start a thread in the LCL NBBC group for that!

Really, Jess, I think the music will help a lot. It's gotten me through many a rough patch!

MotherFingPrincess said...

I think you are on the right track dude. When I have a stressful deadline I put on my headphones and listen to music while I write. It is odd, but it helps :)