Monday, February 23, 2009

Confession Time

I'm in a small funk. I'm STILL sick and I just don't feel like eating how I should be even though I know the junk I've been eating isn't making me feel any better.

I haven't ate a decent vegetable in days, let alone anything remotely healthy. What I have discovered is that when I'm eating badly, my body is actually craving healthy food and I'm burned out on the bad foods after about a day or two. That's a good sign, right?

Adrian is now sick and has been since Thursday. I think he's getting over the hump but he still has a fever and his eyes look horrible. If I didn't know better, I'd think that he has pink eye in both eyes except they are not all gunky. Poor guy has never been this sick before so I hope if this isn't the flu that the doctor is able to give him something to help him feel better.

He's begging me for a sub so I think we'll head to Subway after the doctor's appointment this afternoon and I'll pick up a vegetable-laden sub for myself to start getting back on track. We're also going to go to Walmart so I can check out 'The Biggest Loser' workout DVDs that everyone is raving about. That is one positive thing that I can say is that despite my crappy eating, I've continued to work out when I would have normally said to hell with it all and been a lazy slug.

Tackle one thing at a time, right?

2 comments:

Becky said...

Quiznos One Million FREE Sub Giveaway
Free printable coupon for a small sub sandwich.

http://www.millionsubs.com/Reg.php

One thing at a time is right, Jess. Sometimes, we're just not in a place where we can do it all.

Jess said...

Ooh! Cool! Too bad I didn't see this earlier. Collin and I split a Chicken Teryaki sub...yummy! :)