Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Food journal - day #9

More mental notes today...I am swamped at work right now and just don't have time to work on this all day. Argh!

Breakfast - 9:30: whole wheat bagel w/strawberry cream cheese, applesauce, and fat-free yogurt.

Lunch - 12:15: turkey sandwich on pita bread, cauliflower w/yogurt ranch dressing, light string cheese, and applesauce.

Snack - 2:45: apple w/peanut butter

Hmm...pretty much the same as yesterday.

Dinner - 5:15: Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich, (small) fries, and diet coke. I am SO proud of myself for this meal. Eating on the go is something I really struggle with and I didn't plan this beforehand. I was busy studying for an exam before I left work and was going to try to wait dinner out until after I got home. That didn't work and so I ended up stopping since I was so hungry. I totally picked this on a whim because I thought it would be the best choice and it looks like it was (other than a salad which is hard to eat while driving, LOL). I think the meal was a smidgen over 600 calories. It didn't stick with me very long though.

Snack - 6:00: 4 packs of smarties. Our instructor brought these in and I'm proud that I only had 4 packs. I wanted more but I exercised restraint. (probably would have had more if I had been by myself)

Snack - 9:30: radishes. Can you believe it?!

I'm still hungry (it's about 10:45) and so I'm going to get a serving of tortilla chips and salsa. I'm about 200 or 300 calories under for the day and I don't feel a bit guilty for this.

Water: I got in 80 oz. today.
Exercise: 3 mile walk. (my first one at lunch ever...yippee!) I really enjoyed this and so I'm going to shoot for this twice a week from now on.

My goal is to shred tomorrow but I think I will have to work overtime so I'm not sure if I'll get it in or not. Keep your fingers crossed because I really need to get it in.

No comments: