Thursday, May 14, 2009

Food journal - day #15

Today was a good day. :)

Breakfast - 8:45 - Cinnamon crunch bagel from Panera. I felt a little guilty eating this because of yesterday but it was for our monthly departmental birthday celebration so I went ahead and ate it. It was pretty tasty and filling (for about an hour!).

Lunch - 12:00 - Margherita pizza x4 slices. I agonized over this before I left for this business lunch. I hate salads plus I'm always afraid that I'm going to have stomach issues at inopportune times, if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, Buca Di Beppo doesn't have nutritional information and so I googled the pizza and got a rough estimate of the calories and whatnot - only 325 calories per service (2 slices). I was hungry and so I ate 4 pieces. I felt a little guilty but not too much since the pieces were very thin and only had sauce, cheese, and basil on it.

Dinner - 5:30 - Healthy Choice Salisbury steak meal with mixed veggies, red-skinned potatoes, and apples w/cinnamon. I wanted to eat more but I had to run for school.

Snack - 9:30 - Turkey, light string cheese, carrots, and cantaloupe. I knew that I had to eat this since I was almost 700 calories under for the day...plus I was still hungry from not getting full from dinner.

Snack - 10:30 - SF chocolate pudding & choc chip granola bar. I was still under my calories and my calcium & fiber intake for the day (those are a couple other things I'm tracking) so I ate this for that reason, plus I was still a little hungry. I am full, but not stuffed. Good snack! (can you tell I'm PMSing here?) :oP

Water - 120 oz.
Exercise - None :( I could not drag my butt out of bed this morning. I'm still not getting to bed on time and I'm sleeping a little too good. I am going to walk/jog at lunch tomorrow and either shred when I get home or go on a bike ride to make up for my lack of exercise over the past couple of days. I feel like a slug and I actually miss working out. I never thought I'd say that but I really, really do miss it! :)

I am also happy to report that I finally made an appointment with my family doctor to get my thyroid checked in light of my mom's recent hypothyroidism diagnosis. She also informed me that I have a couple more relatives on her side of the family with thyroid problems. Plus, my paternal grandma has had a goiter removed twice now. I guess it just makes sense. I'm also going to have him do a general health workup...do some blood work, check my blood pressure, and all that other good stuff. It would be so nice to get an explanation for all of my symptoms that I've had for probably 15 years now - chronic fatigue, hair loss, extreme weight gain (80 lbs. in 5 years!), and some other things. I've had it checked a few times before but not for probably 5+ years and so I'm interested to see if anything has changed...

Keep your fingers crossed for my weigh-in tomorrow. I hope that I'm still down at least 3.3 lbs. but I won't be surprised if I'm not since I was a little down on my water yesterday and I still haven't started my period. I'm sure that I'm retaining water for that reason. We shall see. :)

Oh, and I was 200 calories under for the day. Yay!

4 comments:

MotherFingPrincess said...

I'm confused - what does hating salad have to do with pizza? I read that like three times and it still is confusing.

Good job, though, on the day. Glad you are seeing the doctor - very good idea.

Jess said...

Yeah...that is a bit confusing. Buca is an Italian restaurant which means the only other selection besides the pizza and salad was pasta. NONE of the pasta was any good calorie, fat, etc. -wise. And since I hate salad, that's why I went with the pizza.

Sara said...

SO SO SO proud of you for making that Dr.s appointment!!! Another great thing you are doing for yourself and your body!!!

Jess said...

Thanks, Sara! Your lecture definitely helped get that done. :) I will report back with the results once I get them...