Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Food journal - day #13

I was an exercising fool today. I feel GREAT!

Breakfast: 9:30 - Jimmy Dean D-Light sausage w/egg white and cheese on whole grain English muffin, FF yogurt, SF applesauce, regular coffee w/SF vanilla creamer.

Lunch: 1:00 - Turkey sandwich on pita bread, baby carrots, and light string cheese. I didn't get a chance to eat my apple because I was absolutely swamped at work today!

Dinner #1: 5:15 - Healthy Choice Sweet & Sour Chicken with broccoli and peach cobbler. Yummy!

I was supposed to go to school tonight but I skipped it and worked over since I am behind on some stuff that is due soon. When I went grocery shopping this week, I decided to pick up a few HC meals for dinner instead of fast food so I wouldn't be tempted to get something I shouldn't have like a milkshake or sundae. I am trying to cut down on my processed foods intake but I felt like this was the lesser of two evils...

Dinner #2: 7:00 - Grilled lean ham, broccoli & cauliflower, and an apple.

Snack - 9:45 - Grilled lean ham, Rold Gold honey wheat pretzels, and SF chocolate pudding.

Water: 120 oz.
Exercise: 3 miles of walking/jogging (half of which I probably jogged!) and 5.5 miles of cycling tonight with the family. Collin loves his new seat! We had SO much fun! What a great way to get healthy and bond with your family?! :) Also, according to SP, I burned over 700 calories. Woo-hoo!

Even with all this food, I am about under my calories by about 300 according to SP. I haven't ate the 9:45 snack yet but I'll wait a few minutes and if I'm still hungry, I'll eat something else. Just not sure what yet...nothing bad though. :) I've done too well today to ruin it!

3 comments:

MotherFingPrincess said...

A note about the sleeping thing you mentioned in the other post - it is important to go to sleep and get up at a consistent time, too.

Reading this the red flag came up - don't eat too little calories. But you know that - don't want to under eat and get screwed that way.

Losing weight sucks. You are so determined, though. You can do it! (said in the voice like that guy from the Adam Sandler movies)

Becky said...

Great menu, Jess! And great exercise. You are rockin' it!

Jess said...

Heather - The sleeping is something that I've really got to work on. I'm all over the board with that. :( And...I know about the too little calories too. That's why I had the late snack. I'm trying to stay within the SP recommended calorie range for my desired weight loss per week...

Becky - Thanks chiquita! :)