Saturday, May 2, 2009

Food journal - day #6 / Commit to be Fit 5K

Gosh, I did bad on my food today! However, I refuse to quit the food journal! :) So here goes:


6:15 - Breakfast: bacon, egg, & cheese croissant and double mocha cappuccino. This was actually pretty filling and held me over for awhile.


10:00 Snack: banana and small vitamin water. I am SO proud of myself for this. I passed up free Panera bagels and Donatos pizza for these two things. I wanted a bagel SO badly but I refrained. Oh, I did have a small glass of champagne with this because one of my co-workers insisted that I drink it. I didn't want to be rude. ;)


11:30 - Lunch: chips & salsa, taco salad, and 2 1/2 margaritas. That was the first and last time I'll drink that early in the day. Wow-wee!


6:00 - Snack: pretzels.


6:30 - Cherry Icee.


8:30 - Dinner: 3 pieces of supreme pizza. I wanted more but had to bring some pizza home to Matt and so I didn't get any. Good thing. It actually ended up being pretty filling. :)


The 5K was SO much fun! We are definitely going to do this every year. My work is a sponsor and so we get $10 off per person and they have a camper set up where we hung out before and after the race. It's almost kind of like healthy tailgating.


Anywho...we missed Adrian's race. We were stuck in traffic for almost an hour and I felt horrible. He ended up doing the 5K with us though so that made up for it. We actually ran part of it...about one minute to every 5 minutes of walking.


I can't even describe how proud I was to be running with Adrian when we did. A fellow 5Ker told us how awesome she thought it was that Adrian was doing the 5K with me. I told her that I was actually doing it for him. :) We actually heard a few positive comments that just affirmed that I need to lose this weight and get healthy...not only for me but to set a good example for Adrian & Collin.


Here are the results:


http://www.columbusdistanceclassic.com/results/2009/5k_overall.txt - overall I placed 1310th place out of 1597 participants.

http://www.columbusdistanceclassic.com/results/2009/5k_agegroups.txt - in my age group, I placed 189th out of 216 women.


Definitely not the fastest but at least I have something to gauge myself by for the next one. ;)


It was a great day! I can't wait to do some more fitness-related challenges like this! :D


Oh, here are a couple of pictures before I forget:







Edited to add: I did have a pack of Airhead Extremes before I went to bed.

2 comments:

MotherFingPrincess said...

I am super psyched up now to run a 5k. Glad you put up those results - nice indicator of what to expect. It's cool you did some running. Nice day for a run, too. You and Adrian seem super happy. I have to say that walking/jogging/running-whatever you want to call it - rocks!

Becky said...

That's awesome, Jess! Yon't worry about a "bad" food day. You did just fine!