Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I had a fabulous day today! I got to go into work later since I had a doctor's appointment (with the Endo re my thyroid tests) and instead of sleeping in, I got up at my normal time, dropped off Collin to preschool, and worked out. YES! Anyone who knows me knows what a huge victory this is since I'm not a morning person and I love sleeping in every chance I get.

As far as my thyroid goes, they've tested all my thyroid hormone levels, plus cortisol and vitamin D levels and can't find anything wrong. We are doing one last test next week since I have an extensive family history of problems and that is an ultrasound. If that comes back negative then I'm supposed to have repeat thyroid tests done every 6 months so she can get an idea of what my baseline is so we can keep an eye on any changes. In the meantime, I'm just plugging away and she's reiterated not to be upset if I only lose a pound a week since it took years to get this size.

I'm also beginning to think there is something wrong with my scale. She said that I've lost 5 lbs. since I was there 3 weeks ago. Of course then I weighed in in the afternoon with a bulky sweater on and today I weighed in in the morning but I still had some heavy jewelery on. Hmm...I guess I'll find out next week when I officially start doing Weight Watchers at work. I need something a little extra to get my motivation going again and the leader seems really great. Plus work pays for half the cost of the meeting. It's a win-win. :)

Morning
3 packet(s) Granulated Sugar Substitute
0
1 large banana(s)
0
1 serving(s) Subway Egg Muffin Melt (black forest ham)
5
2 cup(s) black coffee
0
4 Tbsp half-and-half cream
2
6 oz Light 'n Fit nonfat vanilla yogurt
2
Subtotal 9
Midday
1 item(s) Teriyaki Chicken & Vegetable Bowl
6
1 piece(s) Light string cheese
1
1 large banana(s)
0
Subtotal 7
Evening
4 oz cooked trimmed pork loin
6
2/3 cup(s) Noodles & Sauce Chicken Flavor Noodles Prepared
4
1 cup(s) frozen mixed vegetables
2
Subtotal 12
Anytime
1 small apple(s)
0
2 Tbsp Creamy Roasted Honey Nut Peanut Butter
5
1 piece(s) Light string cheese
1
16 item(s) Scoops tortilla chips
3
1/2 cup(s) salsa
0
2 tsp olive oil
2
3/4 cup(s) 1% low-fat cottage cheese
3
Subtotal 14
Food PointsPlus values total used 42
Food PointsPlus values remaining 0
Activity
24 min Walking (>3.0 mph [20 min mile] and <5.0 mph [12 min mile] on level surface)
3
Kettlebell - Activity I created
1
13 min jogging
4
Activity PointsPlus values earned 8
Check off these important items daily:
Liquids
Milk & Milk Products
Fruit & vegetables
Multivitamin/Mineral
Healthy Oil
Activity

1 comment:

Kim said...

5 lbs thats awesome, and I as well have went numerous times to the doctor for my thyroid and everything else and they find NOTHING! but funny all the symptoms apply. I think the doctors are just slacking or not thinking about other problems with the same side effects. I mean we should have to go the doctors/hospital every couple months for them to say the same thing. Aren't they here to help? Geez I cant wait till I start nursing i will be on their ass lol. By the way I gave you an award on my page.