Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Well, there is nothing wrong with my thyroid right now. I'm a little bummed about that but she's running more tests. As much as I'd love to get into the details right now, I can't since I'm exhausted and I need to get to bed. I'll try to expand on that tomorrow night.

I had a strange night tonight. I didn't get in all of my fruits/veggies and typically after I workout, I'll come home and snack on something. I didn't tonight though, despite the fact that I had a nagging feeling in the back of my head that I wasn't meeting all of my GHG's today, because I wasn't hungry. Yay me. (I guess?)

Oh, and I'm back down almost a pound. I'll take it, because I had quite a shitty past few days. I need to get past this 20 lbs. mark and I'll feel so much better! Only another 3 lbs. to go to reach that...The bad news is that I didn't lose an effing pound over the past 4 weigh-ins. Sure I was down a few, then up a couple, yadda, yadda, yadda but I had no net loss. I'll work on that for next month.

On a positive note, I am really beginning to love jogging again. I am up to 2 miles when I do. The track at the Y is 1/8 of a mile so I'm running every other one of those. I'm down to a 15 minute mile as of today, yay me! :)

Morning
2 cup(s) black coffee
0
2 Tbsp nondairy powdered creamer
2
1 cup(s) Honey Bunches Of Oats
4
4 packet(s) Granulated Sugar Substitute
0
1 serving(s) Almond Breeze Refrigerated Milk - Vanilla
2
6 oz Light 'n Fit nonfat vanilla yogurt
2
1 large clementine
0
Subtotal 10
Midday
1 serving(s) Healthy Choice Portabella Marsala Pasta Meal
6
1 piece(s) Light string cheese
1
1 tray(s) Just for One Cauliflower and Cheese Sauce
1
Subtotal 8
Evening
2 cup(s) frozen lasagna with meat sauce
13
4 serving(s) Garlic Toast (Cole's)
13
Subtotal 26
Anytime
2 item(s) Crunchy Granola Bar Oats 'N Honey Granola Bar(s)
5
Subtotal 5
Food PointsPlus values total used 49
Food PointsPlus values remaining 0
Activity
23 min Walking (>3.0 mph [20 min mile] and <5.0 mph [12 min mile] on level surface)
3
Kettlebell - Activity I created
2
25 min elliptical trainer, moderate intensity
3
8 min jogging
2
Activity PointsPlus values earned 10
Check off these important items daily:
Liquids
Milk & Milk Products
Fruit & vegetables
Multivitamin/Mineral
Healthy Oil
Activity

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm glad she's doing more tests. It seems like even with "normal" thryoid numbers, there can still be an issue. Hopefully she will find something and it can be corrected.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/thyroid/

I know you're doing WW, but there's a user named nonstickpam at LCF who knows EVERYTHING about thyroids. She's helped lots of people guide their doctors!

Good luck!!

Jess said...

Thanks, Becky! I just scoped out that website and it looks like it's got a ton of great information. She's doing 3 more tests: 1) My cortisol levels are going to be tested, 2) Vitamin D levels will be checked too (as I guess low levels can cause fatigue issues), and 3) An anti-body test will be run to check for Cushings Disease (this is rare from what she said and I don't have hardly any of the symptoms). I have another appointment in 3 wks. so if there's anything wrong, I'll figure it out then. Regardless, she said that she'll probably see me every 6 mos. because of my extensive family history of thyroid problems.