Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The dreaded PMS monster

Has reared it's ugly head!

I seriously don't know WTH is wrong with me?! I cannot stop cramming sugar in my pie hole! I have no doubt that my weigh-in is going to be horrible if I don't nip this in the bud. I'm half tempted to skip my weigh-in but I won't because that would just be sabotaging myself even further.

On a positive note, I've been kicking my own ass working out. Yesterday was an all-time record. 2.13 (or was that .14?) miles in 31 minutes and I burned almost 350 calories. Woo-hoo!

Work-related update - my boss is not speaking at our seminars next month now and so she asked me to do one of the ones she was supposed to do. Surprisingly enough, I'm not as nervous now as what I was when I decided to volunteer to speak. The extra one I'm doing shouldn't be any big deal because it's one of the smaller seminars.

Personal update - My mom is getting divorced. This is all VERY sudden. She just found evidence of a possible "indiscretion" this weekend, confronted my step-dad, and he went all crazy on her. She moved out of the house with my 17-year old brother and my 12-year old niece and is staying with my brother for the time being. She filed for divorce today (already!) and if all goes well, she should be divorced within 75 days. She informed me tonight that she intends to move back to South Dakota once the divorce is final; within the next three months. I'm trying not to get worked up about it since she changes her mind like she changes her underwear but I am honestly going to freak out if she moves. She is my best friend and I talk to her all the time. I'm sure I'll still talk to her like I do but now I won't have the option to just jump in the car and see her when I want to. I'll be lucky to see her once or twice a year. It just really sucks because I'm not remotely close to my dad anymore and so I just feel utterly alone already...

3 comments:

MotherFingPrincess said...

I am in the same boat with you about the PMS crap. All I want to do is eat and drink pop. I hate it!

I am quite shocked about your mom. I thought all was well on that front. I can not believe she moving so far away. Maybe she will change her mind and move back to Ohio. Anyway, I am always here for you, so you are not alone...I am here with you...when we're far apart...you're always in my heart...LOL

Sara said...

((((((HUUUUUGS!))))))

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this craziness :( Hang in there GF!

Jess said...

Heather - I'm glad someone feels me girl! It's been HORRENDOUS eating this week. I'm completely and utterly back on track this week though. I'm going to really "de-tox" and go on strict low-carb for a week to jump start my weight loss again since I put on 4 effing pounds this week! Yes...you read that right. 4 effing pounds!!!

Sara - Thanks, hon. I really have to learn how to deal with stress differently.

Back on track tomorrow...