Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Man, I am whooped! I keep thinking that working out will get easier but nope...it feels like it's getting harder. But maybe I'm just pushing myself harder? I dunno. What I do know is that I'm now up to jogging 2/3 of 2 miles. I walk 1/8 of a mile and then jog 1/4 of a mile and alternate that until I reach 2 miles. I absolutely love and hate jogging at the same time. On one hand, it's a great work out, burns lots of calories, etc. but on the other hand it's SO hard. It's honestly not leg pain or fatigue...it's the breathing! Who knew that the breathing would take so much effort?! I had been doing the elliptical up until probably 6 wks. ago. Matt said something that really hit home for me a few weeks ago. He's been doing a lot of research on weight loss himself and stumbled across an article encouraging you to pay attention to the exercises that fit people do. The author noted that many people on the elliptical are bigger than people on the treadmill so because of this, the author encouraged the reader to start doing the same exercises if you want to be like those people one day. It makes complete sense, which is one reason that I took back up jogging.

I had a really wonky day so my GHG's were not good at all but I stayed under my daily point range. I had a client meeting at 12:30 p.m. (which is a terrible time for a meeting, by the way!) so I was going to get lunch right afterward but then changed my mind when all I saw was fast food restaurants in the area. Sure, I could have gotten a salad but I just wanted to get back home. I didn't end up eating lunch until 4:00! :(

Morning
4 packet(s) Granulated Sugar Substitute
0
2 cup(s) black coffee
0
5 serving(s) Nestle Original Creamer
1
1 item(s) Light Multi-Grain English Muffin
3
2 Tbsp Creamy Roasted Honey Nut Peanut Butter
5
6 oz Light 'n Fit nonfat vanilla yogurt
2
Subtotal 11
Midday
1 cup(s) 2% reduced fat milk
3
3 serving(s) Fruity Pebbles
10
Subtotal 13
Evening
1 1/2 cup(s) Steakhouse beef stew
7
1/2 slice(s) garlic bread
3
Subtotal 10
Anytime
1 large banana(s)
0
Subtotal 0
Food PointsPlus values total used 34
Food PointsPlus values remaining 1
Activity
18 min jogging
5
Kettlebell - Activity I created
1
15 min Washing car
1
14 min Walking (>3.0 mph [20 min mile] and <5.0 mph [12 min mile] on level surface)
1
Activity PointsPlus values earned 8
Check off these important items daily:
Liquids
Milk & Milk Products
Fruit & vegetables
Multivitamin/Mineral
Healthy Oil
Activity

1 comment:

Kim said...

Still seems like it been a good day for you points wise!