Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Half-way there!

As of today, I'm officially half-way through my degree. Woot, woot! I passed my math final too. Double woot, woot! So...I'm officially on break for the next week and a half. I can't wait to just hang out and spend time with the family.

I have so much stuff coming up! Summer quarter starts June 22nd, which is the same time that our friends Leah & Trevor will be flying in to visit from Ireland. Yay! Adrian & I will leave for South Dakota on July 1st and then Matt and I are headed to the Dominican Republic on September 5th. I am booking the trip this week; I just have to meet with a travel agent to get a couple of questions answered. I cannot wait!!!

Eating has been pretty terrible and I haven't worked out in a week. I've been stressed out with work and school but I'm looking to get back on track this week. As much as I hate to admit this, I think I'm going to go back on low-carb for awhile. I have came to the conclusion that I am going to be somewhat miserable either way I try to lose weight. If I do a low-fat/low-calorie diet and splurge every now and then, I will lose weight the "healthy way" but very slowly, which depresses me. If I do low-carb, I'll lose weight quickly but be depressed because of the lack of food choices. I'm just to the point now where despite my triumphs, I still feel like a fat cow. My goal was to be at or below 200 lbs. by our trip and I don't think that's going to happen. It still might happen by the end of the year though. I'm just sick and tired of being a lard ass!

I think that gets you caught up for now. Hopefully things will slow down since I'm only taking two 2-credit classes this summer but no promises...ahh!

2 comments:

MotherFingPrincess said...

I know the feeling. I stopped worrying about everything for about a month because I could not take the stress anymore.

Just this week I am doing my 4 mile in-home walk dvd and it is great. I am doing strength training, too. I am also watching the pop intake and not snacking as much. I developed new rules. I get dessert and during the day instead of fast food I eat crackers and mushrooms with a dip. That is all I've been eating during the day, but I graze on it. It is helping cut hunger and I am not doing too awful. I just go with the flow.

Also congrats on school. I am still just getting by. I just ended the computer class from hell. Now it is economics or something equally as boring.

Larry better take me to Georgia. I need to get away! I am so jealous that you are jet setting all around :)

Jess said...

I'm glad to hear you're back on track! I was a little worried about you for a minute!

I took Computer Apps II and frigging HATED it last quarter. I think I ended up with a C on the Final. :(

I hope he takes you to GA. I may come and kick his ass if he doesn't. You need a nice break like that! :)