Sunday, June 14, 2009

231.2

That's what I weighed in at this morning. I've been avoiding the scale because I've been on yet another "break". That's about a 5 lb. gain in a couple of weeks. Less than I thought it would be but I'm still completely frustrated that I'm back over 230 lbs. yet again!


I'm on a mission now though. I'm fed up and tired of being fat. Part of it's vanity but part of it's just wanting to be healthy too. I noticed weird things this time with the little weight gain. My skin around my stomach started feeling tight. I felt a little winded going up the stairs this week. I just feel like crap period, when I'm eating junk and not working out.

So...here are some things I'm going to do to help me achieve my weight loss goal:


1) Eat low-carb. This time around I'm going to try to eat some leaner protein, cut out unnecessary "sweets" (i.e. sugar-free chocolates), and limit tasty adult beverages. I finally found some Baja Bob's mixers locally (Meijer's)that I'm excited to try when the notion hits me.

2) Exercise 3-4 times per week. This actually isn't too hard for me since I can work out on my lunch hour. I do want to get back into strength training though since I know that burns more fat than aerobic exercise.

3) Water, water, water. 120 oz. per day is my goal.

4) Weight loss goal pictures everywhere! I finally made copies of my weight loss goal picture yesterday and I'm putting one up by the fridge/cupboard, in my car, at work, and in my purse. These are all of the places that can trigger me to eat badly (well, not my purse but I can take it out and look at it when I'm not in any of those places).

5) Replace bad habits with good ones. This might be hard for me. Mindless eating is what gets me in trouble. I have really been wanting to read a good book (Twilight!) and since all of my Internet sites are slow right now so I might try to do that or better yet, I will play with my kids. My quality time with them is lacking and so that will be another goal of mine. Adrian, Collin, & I played in the back yard on Friday and I forget how much fun it is to just let go and act/play like a kid again.

6) 8 hours of sleep. This will be a tough one. Neither of the kids go to bed until after 10:00 and so by the time we get them to bed, I just want some down time which leads me to stay up until 11:00 p.m. or later. That's not good when I should be up by 6:00 the following morning for work.
If I do 4 of the 6 things over the next week, I'll be happy.


I finally booked our trip to the Dominican Republic (Punta Cana) this week. I found some great pictures of our hotel and I am STOKED! We are going for 6 days / 5 nights, it's all inclusive (that's all the food, alcohol, and tips included), and we don't even have to leave the resort if we don't want to since they've got snorkeling, windsurfing, and all that good stuff available on the resort.

And finally...for your viewing pleasure, my weight loss goal picture and my current picture:

Current (6-7-09)

Goal - Taken in 1999 - I weighed probably 165 lbs. here. I still have this skirt and I would LOVE to fit back into it. My ultimate goal is 150 lbs. but I'd take 165. :)

2 comments:

Becky said...

Jess,

I understand how hard it is to be on this roller coaster. All things considered, I think you're still in good shape. You didn't gain a whole lot, AND you learned a few things about your body.

Your goals are perfect, and written out like that, they will be very helpful to you. Remember to read them EVERY SINGLE DAY as a reminder. I love how you even gave your goals a goal, and I think that's fantastic. You don't have to be 6 out of 6 every week - the 4 out of 6 you've given is wonderful.

Jess said...

Thanks, Becky. I know a big part of that is water retention since I have really, really been down on my water for a few days. I actually got a 'dehydration' headache yesterday. Blah!

I really think the goals will help me. That and the fact that I WANT to look sexy on the beach on September. :oP