Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Added my food tracker...finally!

To the upper left hand corner. Now you can spy on what I eat, heh, heh, heh!

On a very positive note, I wanted to report that I only ate two of Collin's cupcakes (one on his b-day and one on Sunday)! The last time I made cupcakes, I'll bet I ate 10-12 over a long weekend. I am so proud of myself! I really wanted an extra one on Sunday night before I went to bed but I refrained. More or less because I'm tired of bingeing on food like that and then having to either lie about what happened to it or avoid the question altogether.

We also have a big bag of M & Ms in the house. It has been here since Friday night and I haven't ate a single M & M!

I did, however, buy an economy size bag of smarties today. I feel so liberated now that I'm not eating low-carb. I'm (fortunately) not a huge chocolate fan and now that I'm trying to focus on eating well-balanced, quality meals/snacks I tend to stay away from high calorie / high fat snacks like chocolate. Instead...I eat 1-4 packs of smarties. Sure they're empty calories but at 25 calories per roll, they satisfy my sweet tooth when I get one. I <3 them!

Don't get me wrong...I have had a couple of ice creams (think flurries) and some other "bad" snacks / meals over the past month but I am getting to the point where if I have a high calorie day, I don't sweat it and I just work harder and eat better the following day. For example, I am planning on eating a Der Dutchman Long John donut (DELICIOUS! best donuts ever!) on Thursday since we're celebrating a birthday at work. That will be the only "bad" thing I eat that day and I'll be working my ass off the next day or two to work it off. It will be soooo worth it though. :)

I have set a goal to get to 220 lbs. or below by the end of this month. That's between 6-7 lbs. that I need to lose. I think it is more than do-able if I buckle down. As long as I lose a pound a week, I'll be happy but to see 220 on the scale, would be icing on the cake...

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I think 6-7 pounds is a good goal!

Becky said...

Oh, and you might want to change your tracker link to this:

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_tracker.asp?id=SIOUXGAL79

Otherwise it goes to June 2. If you delete everything after your username, it goes to the most recent date.

Jess said...

And that is why I keep you around! :D

I noticed there was a problem with it and was going to ask you about it and just hadn't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for the help!

Oh, and I had better reach that goal. 220 is my next goal / weight loss reward and I want a pedicure, dammit!

Becky said...

You will reach that goal! I am confident.