Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bone Marrow Donation

You can join the registry for free if you sign up prior to June 22nd. I meant to post about this when it started and I got sidetracked (surprise, surprise!) but please check it out and sign up if you're able to and if you want to help save someone's life.

I'm super excited to get my kit so I can be typed (or whatever the heck it's called). I am bi-racial (Native American and Caucasian) at that so I really, really hope that I'm able to help someone. My husband probably won't be very happy but he'll get over it. :oP

Here is the website; I hope you'll consider donating: http://www.marrow.org/ Check out the FAQs because they have debunked so many myths; myths that deter people from donating. They explain the procedure in detail (if you're chosen to donate) as well as the recovery time for the donor afterwards.

I feel so warm and fuzzy inside right now. On that note, I'm off to bed. I've got a fun-filled day with my boys tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Jess said...

Thanks for turning me on to this. You have no idea how excited I am?! I know, I know...I'm a dork!