Sunday, June 14, 2009

Best invention ever!

The Rival Sno Cone maker. I have a feeling that sno cones are going to be my new favorite treat. The good news is that they make sugar-free sno cone syrup (thanks, Becky!) that is only 5 calories and 0 carbs per 2 oz. serving. Yummy!

On a food related note, I did good today. Actually, a little too good. I was busy doing projects around the house and skipped lunch altogether. I made it (egg salad) but I didn't get a chance to eat it before dinner. My calories are way too low right now (under 1000) and so I'm going to go eat something else...I just have to figure out what now??? Maybe that egg salad pita...

ETA: I did end up having the egg salad pita with some swiss cheese. My calories are now less than 1700 and my carbs less than 50. I had wanted to be closer to 30 carbs but 50 isn't bad...I also got in my water for the day (120 oz.)...yay! :)

3 comments:

Becky said...

Honestly, Jess, I wouldn't worry about carb levels with a "low carb" mentality. Think of it more in terms of more natural foods. Egg salad, pita bread, Swiss cheese - all good choices and not overly processed. Think of "good" carbs instead of "low" carbs. Good fats, rather than bad fats. You know all this! I know - it's hard to apply LOL

I'm so happy you got a sno-cone maker!! I wish I could find my SF flavors here. I've tried making it with DaVinci syrups but it's not as good.

Jess said...

Great pointers, Becky! :)

What SF flavors do you like? If they have them up here, I would like to pick you up a couple to pay you back for being such a great friend/support over the past year.

Becky said...

I'm not even sure what i'd like. All we have at our walmart is cherry & raspberry. I'm going to Virginia soon so I'm going to check there for other stuff. Thanks for the offer, though - I appreciate it :)