Wednesday, October 15, 2008

7 minutes of pure HELL!

So I was feeling guilty tonight about not working out for the past 10 days so I decided that it would be a good idea to change it up, dust off the elliptical, and hop on for a few minutes.

Within the first 30 seconds my legs were burning. After a minute I felt like my legs were going to break off. Then I decided to go backwards to see if it would help lessen then pain. Wrong! I got a split seconds reprieve while the elliptical was catching up but then I just started burning in different places.

All the while I'm doing this, Matt is coming in and checking on me to see how I'm doing; asking me if it's getting better as I'm getting used to it...making comments that it gets easier for him as he goes. I gave him a dirty look and told him that it wasn't getting easier for me because I'm so damn out of shape.

Finally, I decided that I'd had enough after seven minutes. My legs have never felt more jell-o-like in my life.

How in the world am I going to build up to 30 minutes at this rate???

3 comments:

Becky said...

I hate the elliptical with a passion. My legs never feel right. I used to spend 45 minutes on that thing, six days a week. Then I stopped using it for a long time. I'm going to start using it again, but only for high intensity intervals, probably Tabatas (20 seconds of all out effort, 10 seconds of rest, 8 times). Done and overwith in 4 minutes. I hate that machine.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

You will do it one minute at a time. :)

Jess said...

I *thought* I liked the elliptical when I bought it but it's been sitting and collecting dust for about two years now.

Matt finally put batteries in it, which apparently activates the resistence and it totally kicks my butt! I guess that's good though??? I like the idea of the Tabatas. I may try that.

Thanks, Lisa. I sure hope I can. I'd love nothing more than to get up to 30 minutes. :)