Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Ohio Grassman

Yeah...this is based on a true story. I already touched on this in my MySpace blog but this is much more clean-cut and easier to understand. Plus it's yet another school paper that I wanted to share. I'm really diggin' this writing thing...


The Most Frightening Night of My Life

About ten years ago, I had one of the most terrifying experiences in my life. I was about seventeen years old at the time; my parents were out of town and it was a perfect opportunity to have some friends over. We talked, watched movies, and did all of the normal things that teenagers did and then about two o’clock in the morning, I sent everyone home but my friend Lori from work.

For whatever reason, I had forgotten to check the mail and I decided that I should retrieve that prior to turning in for the night.

“I’ll be right back, Lori.”

“Okay – I’ll wait for you,” Lori said.

I walked out to the end of the driveway and opened the mailbox and grabbed the mail. All of the sudden I heard something run across the field towards my house and me. Then it let out a horrific scream; a loud, screeching “Heeeeeyyyyyyaaaaahhhhhhh,” as if it were warning me to stay away or else.

Clutching the mail, I ran as fast as I could back up to the house and slammed and locked the door. By this time Lori had seen and heard all of the commotion and was just as panicked as I was.

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god,” was all we could both say, over and over again.

I grabbed the nearest butcher knife and we hurried into my parents’ bedroom and locked the door. All we could see outside of the window was a very tall, shadowy figure; not human-like at all but very tangible. We held onto each other and cried as the thing tried to get into the house. It finally gave up and left after what seemed like an eternity but in reality was probably closer to just a few minutes.

We phoned a friend immediately after the incident and he came over to check around outside to make sure that our visitor had left. He never did find anything to substantiate what had happened to us that night.

What I learned from this experience is that we are not alone and not everything can be explained away easily by logic and science. I hope that no one has to experience the sheer terror that we did on that terrible night.


So...whattaya think? Did I scare you??? Broo ha ha!


BTW...here is a link to what I heard that night (fast forward about 45 seconds...thanks for the link, Sara!):



Are ya scared now??? *sinister laugh*

1 comment:

Megan said...

OMG my brother and some of his buddies claim to have seen that thing during a hunting trip at Salt Fork! I thought they were blowing smoke up my arse. I had never heard of that before.