Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back from Myrtle

I am SO sorry that I didn't get to post more. We really weren't THAT busy but I was really enjoying spending time with Matt and the kiddos (and of course my lil sis DeeDee).

We didn't do as many excursions as I had hoped to do but I was fine with that because the boys preferred swimming in the ocean and in the hotel pool over going out and doing things.

I do feel like a complete cow now that I'm back home. We ate out too many times to count and I cannot wait to get back to low carbing it. My goal is to start back to healthy eating tomorrow and starting light exercise this week. My BFF, Heather, completely amazes me because she has been working out religiously for a few months now and she is doing so well at it. Of course she is probably 50+ pounds less than me so I'm sure that helps her in her quest for fitness. Unfortunately, since I have had a variety of injuries (tennis elbow and a mean left knee injury from running a couple of years ago), I have to start slowly. But that is the goal this week. She's really digging stepping and I think once I get back into the swing of things, I may dust off 'The Firm' and get started with that again but we'll see. I have major issues with working out in front of people, including my husband and the boys, but I've really got to get over that if I want to get this weight off. *Sigh*

Back to vacation...it was heaven! We took the kids swimming every day, went to Broadway at the Beach, went to the SC Children's Museum, and Putt-putting; that was it for the excursions with the kids. Matt & I got to have some adult fun a couple of nights and so that was REALLY nice! *evil grin* The boys behaved very well for the most part and it was definitely a good idea to bring DeeDee along. She helped out a ton with the boys and it was nice to have some female vibes up in the mix. LOL!

As for this week, I've got some major 'spring-cleaning' type stuff to do since I'm out of school for the next month. We're also having a girls night out next Saturday and my friend Sara is coming over to visit so I've got a TON of stuff to do around the house prior to then to get it in order. Thankfully, I don't have to go back to work until Wednesday and so I've got some time to work on that...

Once we figure out how to get vacation pics uploaded from my SIL's camera (we had to borrow hers since ours is still out of commission), I'll upload a few of my fave vacation pics...

No comments: