Thursday, July 29, 2010

24-Day Weight Loss Challenge - Day #11

Breakfast - chocolate meal replacement shake, Spark energy drink
Lunch - McDonald's grilled chicken salad w/low-fat balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Afternoon Snack - almonds
Dinner - Weight Watchers Smart Ones Santa Fe Style Rice & Beans
Late snack: wine? (haven't decided on this just yet but I'm only at 1,000 or so calories for the day)
Daily activity: nothing - and I'm pissed about this
Water: 80 oz.

This week has just plain sucked. Today was terrible because I am absolutely swamped at work so I worked through my lunch; well...I went to get a salad but then ate it while I worked and didn't get a chance to work out. I ended up having to work until after 8:00 tonight to work on some meeting reports for tomorrow. There was some other stressful stuff that happened at work that I can't divulge here. Not to mention that we found out that an employee that was found deceased earlier this week actually committed suicide. :*( She wasn't in my department and I didn't know her well but I had talked to her occasionally and saw her daily. I just can't imagine how much physical and emotional pain that someone would have to be in to make that kind of decision. I'm still in shock...such a sad, sad situation.

Back to the challenge...I read over the recommended meal plans for this stage in the game and it's fricking low-carb (although it's low-fat, high protein so not Atkins)!!! I had no clue. I mean, I don't care that much because I know I can do it but I was actually starting to enjoy fruit, dammit. That's okay though...it's only for two more weeks (starting tomorrow since I didn't do too well today).

I have made up my mind that I am doing Weight Watchers for sure once I am done with this program. I know it works...I just have to stick with it and make good food choices. I think I'll actually cancel my on-line membership and then go to meetings but I'm not certain yet. I think that if I decide to go that route that it will keep me more accountable. Plus, I could make it to where I do Monday weigh-ins to keep myself on the straight and narrow over the weekends. I don't know for sure but I'll keep you posted.

ETA: I started the MNS Max 3 supplements today and they definitely work! I was hardly hungry at all today. :)

No comments: