Monday, August 31, 2009

Up 4.2 lbs.

Boo. However...I don't feel too guilty because I didn't binge. I think why it was up so high is because we went out for Matt's birthday and then to the Chinese buffet last night - the latter I hear is chock full o' sodium so I am certain a big part of that is water retention.

I won't be able to weigh-in while I'm gone next week. I do not plan on going hog wild though. I feel sick and gross anymore when I'm stuffed now so I have no desire to do that and drink while we're on vacation.

Work is completely insane right now. I'm not sure if I mentioned but about half of my clients in my caseload at work are leaving. I am trying my best to market to keep them with us as well as try to keep up on my own work. It's not working too well. I've been skipping breakfast most week days and there have been several other days where I haven't at lunch until 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. (today it was at 4:00; joy of joys).

Because of all this, I am (of course) worried about my job security. My co-workers continue to assure me that I am safe but I continue to remind them that you can't ever think that you're safe in this industry.

Not to mention the fact that I had to take a week off without pay. Only getting half of a paycheck sucks. Good news is that we'll be on vacation for a week so that's a week of no gas, no groceries, and minimal daycare.

We are leaving for Punta Cana on Saturday and won't be back until early Friday morning next week. I am extremely excited. Plus...I'm on the verge of a nervous break down (that's not me being melodramatic; I swear) and so I could definitely use the R&R. Collin will be away from both of us for the first time ever. Matt is quite nervous. I am too, but I think he'll have fun without us. Being hundreds of miles away from your baby does tend to be nerve wracking so I hope everything goes okay.

Speaking of my baby, he started "school" today. He did sooooo well! As soon as we walked in the door, he ditched me for the toys and other kids. I had to force him to give me a hug and kiss because he was so engrossed in playing. When Matt picked him up he was in an awesome mood and was in the same great mood when I came home. I think he will continue to do great. This daycare is the same one that Adrian went to and they teach the kids great habits / moral values.

2 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

You will get that off in no time. I am loving/hating my baby going to school. :)

Jess said...

Ugh. I am sick, sick, sick! I have been sick for a week now and I'm not getting any better. I was planning on getting back on WW this week (since I was on vacation last week) as well as working out again and this has completely thrown a wrench into my plans. As soon as I can eat something without being sick, I'm back on track and I'm going to kick my own butt! :)