Friday, August 14, 2009

Quick update

A new resolution of mine is to keep my blog somewhat updated...

I had my sleep study on Tuesday. I was less than pleased since I didn't get to sleep until 12:30 a.m.!!! I got up at 6:30 a.m. and the sleep tech couldn't tell me that I have sleep apnea but said that I'd likely see them back in a few weeks to do another sleep study with the c-pap (breathing) machine. It sucks because I don't really want to have to use a breathing machine but at this point in time, I've been exhausted most every day since I was 16 years old and this is getting old. Plus, apparently there are a lot of health problems associated with sleep apnea like diabetes and heart disease.

I saw the hematologist on Wednesday. I had to get more blood drawn. He believes that my high white blood cell count is due to an underlying infection (don't know where), an inflammatory disease process (such as rheumatoid arthritis), or worst case scenario (and very doubtful since I'm young - LOL), is a bone marrow disease where the body produces too much bone marrow. If the count continues to be high and they can't find a reason for it, I may have to undergo a bone marrow biopsy. Needless to say, I hope they find out what the deal is through my blood work.

Child supported called on Wednesday. For those of you who don't know, ex-sperm donor is behind about $27,000 in child support and they are finally prosecuting him for a felony level non-support charge. Even though Matt adopted Adrian, we did not waive the back child support since I'm a firm believer that child support is for the child and should be used for them. We've actually saved most of what we did get (about $1200) and put it in a savings account for Adrian to use for college, a car, or whatever he needs when he gets older since we don't really need it. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Lastly, I did go over my points on Wednesday (by 18.5 - yikes! However, no binging - yay me!) but was under by about 7.5 yesterday. I actually still have 16.5 flex points left until Sunday night so guess what I'm going to splurge on this weekend? A vanilla ice cream cone from McDonald's since they are only 3 points. Can't wait! :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm here from your link on the WW BBC board. Good luck and enjoy that ice cream cone!!
littlempknits.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Thanks, Melissa! I had it last night and it was worth the wait! :)

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I hope they find out whats wrong soon. I have a CPAP but don't use it because I CAN'T sleep with that thing on my face.