Monday, August 10, 2009

Did really good today!

I am 7.5 points under my daily points and I actually earned like 14 activity points. I'm starving so I'm going to have myself a bowl of cereal and not feel guilty about it. :)

Jody and I decided to have a mini-contest this month through the 4th (my last day of work before Punta Cana). She only has maybe 15-20 lbs. to lose and unfortunately, I've got about 85 lbs. that I want to lose. So...her goal is 2.5% of her weight by then and mine is 5% or 12 lbs. Yeah...that's a bit high but since I have relatively nothing coming up that would cause me to fall off the wagon drastically (i.e. camping, parties, etc.), I think I can do it. She has conned me into walking outside during our breaks since we can't work out at lunch (I'm tanning :). We also have some time management issues (me more so than her) so we're making weekly goals to help out with other stuff. For example, this week, we are going to shoot for a solid 1/2 hour of cleaning around our house and then 15 minutes of moderate intensity exercise at night (on top of the 1/2 hour of walking during our breaks at work). If we do that, we break up the exercise throughout the day and end up getting in 45 minutes everyday. The actual loser of our challenge will present the winner with a small gift. If we both meet/exceed our goals, then we get each other a little gift. We're both really excited!

The sleep study is tomorrow night. I am sooo not looking forward to it but I'm doing it in hopes that I can find a reason for the chronic fatigue I've been struggling with since high school.

I don't know if I mentioned but my thyroid testing came back normal. If nothing is found through the sleep study, I'm demanding my levels (since my doctor has never mentioned them) to see if I need to go to an endocrinologist for a more sensitive thyroid test. I've heard from numerous people that their thyroid problems weren't caught on the normal blood tests (i.e. they were in the low normal range) and I've got a lot of the symptoms of a thyroid problem - my hair falls out by the handfuls, dry skin, extreme fatigue despite 8+ hours of sleep, and extreme weight gain - 80 lbs. in 6 years.

Of course I am well aware that my lifestyle definitely contributes to much of my weight problem but I still think there is something going on that they can't put their finger on.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Good luck on your little challenge! you will do great!

Jess said...

Thanks, Lisa. I'm actually doing really good this week for once. :)