Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Update (man do I suck at keeping up on my blog?!)

Well...I weighed in when I got back from vacation on Friday and I gained NO weight whatsoever. I'm actually down another 4 lbs. (as of Monday - to 228.4 lbs.) since that weigh-in. I have been extremely ill since we returned last week and so I'm not on Weight Watchers or back to working out yet. As soon as I get better, it's ON. I went to the doctor's yesterday and she thinks I have a viral or bacterial infection of some sort that I picked up on vacation. She is leaning towards bacterial since I've been sick for so long. I should have my lab work by Friday afternoon and then she'll be able to prescribe me something to get better. The waiting sucks though because I feel like someone is stabbing me in the stomach and absolutely nothing makes me feel better. :(

I started back to school for Fall quarter today. I've got 3 classes this quarter so I imagine my poor blog is going to suffer some more. You can find me on Facebook though if you need to. I rarely neglect my Facebook. :)

Adrian & Collin are doing wonderful since I put Collin into daycare by himself. They hardly fight at all anymore and since Collin is on a schedule, he is thriving. He's in a good mood and we don't have discipline him nearly as much any more. He was getting to be quite a handful prior to. And...since he's on a schedule now, he goes to bed at a decent time which means I'll be able to do my homework after the kids are in bed. The downside is that I had to change my work hours a little since I can't drop him off to daycare until 6:30 a.m. so I get home later. I do get to see him (and Adrian) now in the morning, which makes me very happy though.

I do have a request for those of you that pray or believe in the power of positive thinking...I just found out on Sunday that my second cousin, a 10-year old little boy, has leukemia. He has got a long, hard battle ahead of him. I have been told that he has to go through up to 6-8 months of chemotherapy and if that doesn't work, then they'll do a bone marrow transplant. As you may recall, I signed up as a bone marrow donor this year (thanks again, Becky!) and so I have volunteered to be the first to be tested as a match since I've already been typed and he doesn't have any full siblings that can donate to him. As much as I am eager to help out how ever I can, I'm a little sad for myself. Matt & I have actually been kicking around the idea of having another baby over the next year. That is going to have to go on hold for a few months until I see how my cousin responds to his treatment. Everything happens for a reason though, right?

Until next time...

7 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, Jess, I hope you are a match!! My thoughts are with your family!

Jess said...

Thanks, Becky. I hope so too if it comes down to it.

Cancer sucks! Especially when kids are involved. :(

InWeighOverMyHead said...

wow. So sorry about your cousin! Prayers sent your way!

Jess said...

Thanks, Lisa! :)

cupcakefail said...

I'm so sorry about your cousin. :( Cancer does suck! We lost 2 friends/former classmates this summer, 34 yr old mom to breast cancer and 35 yr old dad to leukemia. Maeve and I are doing t heSusan G Komen race for the cure in Charlotte next Sat, I need to do something positive because we've been so blessed and healthy. kwim? KUP!

Jess said...

That's awful, Heather! :( I think the race is a great idea. Adrian and I actually did our first 5K this year (Commit to be Fit Columbus) and I would love to do something like that for cancer. I'll have to check into that.

Have fun next weekend!

Jess said...

Don't you mean invaluable SPAM?

Idiot.