Monday, September 21, 2009

Maintained this week (holding steady at 232.something)

That's a good thing, right? By all means, I should have weighed more but the illness kept me from gaining. I think I'm finally over it. I went to the doctor last Tuesday, did some tests, and they couldn't find anything wrong so it was ruled as a virus. I hope that's the last time I'm sick for awhile because that lasted almost TWO WEEKS! Blech!

As long as I'm over the illness hump, I fully intend on FINALLY getting back to working out. I'm not going to push myself too hard and I'm going to ease back into. I'm shooting for twice this week so wish me luck!

Not much else going on. Started school last Wednesday. As I mentioned, this quarter is going to suck due to the 3 classes I'm taking. One of them is a Business Math class. Ugh! I thought it was going to be easy at first but after tonight's lecture, er, not so much. I will be so happy when this quarter is over!

Oh, I did run into the dreaded ex / sperm donor at Walmart tonight...almost literally! I didn't recognize him because he looked so different. I'm proud to report that I didn't say one word to him, although, I did almost have a panic attack. He's not the most mentally stable person and he has a felony-level child support hearing coming up and so I'm sure he's none too happy with me. I've actually decided to go. Child support hounded me and hounded me to "forgive" his back child support (almost $30,000) and so they're actually pissed at me that they're having to do their jobs and go after it. He is supposedly going to plead guilty but before he does, I'll have my say to hopefully influence the court's decision. What peeves me off the most is that I'm one of those mothers that actually uses my child support for my child. In fact, I have spent barely any of it. The majority of it is in a savings account for Adrian to do with as he wishes (hopefully college!) once he turns 18. I am offended that child support would even ask for me to waive it. Um, hello! It's not MY money to waive. If Adrian wants to when he gets older, that's on him. You never know...like my attorney says, he could hit the lottery tomorrow and I could get all of it paid back. Far shot, but you get my point.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Good for you for standing firm on the CS! That is messed up that they tried to sway you like that!

Jess said...

Thanks. They're a bunch of morons there. I guess they're one of THE worst CS agencies in Ohio. I have had to do so much of their work for them that it's ridiculous. Now my step-mom is paying CS to my Dad and they are still taking out for my brother who turned 18 two months ago and he doesn't even live with my Dad any more. Idiots, I tell you! I think I'm going to make a pit stop after the hearing to give them a piece of my mind.