Saturday, October 17, 2009

Damn you Chinese Buffet!

I had a bad day yesterday. It started with Burger King in the morning. I decided to take Collin to BK for breakfast and bought myself a frickin Croissanwhich (sp?) meal. I originally intended to buy just coffee but caved. Lunch I did well and didn't have my normal afternoon snack. That caused me to be starving by the time I got home. Adrian has been going to the high school football games on Friday so me, Matt, and Collin have been going out to dinner. I wanted something quick so we went to the Chinese Buffet. It's SO delicious but I know it's SO bad!

On a positive note, I am fairly certain that my stomach is shrinking. I was only able to eat one plate of food and a dessert there. I am really starting to detest that stuffed feeling after eating.

You want to know what's crazy about yesterday? I don't feel that guilty about it. I'm realizing that although I'm still slipping up a little that I'm really pushing myself and making myself more accountable. I have been able to keep off about 25 lbs. for the past year. Although I wish it was more, this is the first time in my adult life that I've accomplished this.

I credit a big part of it to getting rid of my bigger clothes. I might slip up for a couple of days but as soon as I get uncomfortable in my clothes, I get right back on the wagon. Another thing that has helped me is planning my meals and keeping food that I know will trip me up out of the house completely. I also know that my weekends usually result in higher point days. That helps me pass on food during the week.

Speaking of that, I passed on not only Donato's pizza this week, but donuts too! There is always food being brought in to work and I'm learning that if I want to be able to have higher point days on the weekend, that I have to pass on stuff during the week. The crazy thing about passing on these two things was that I didn't feel deprived! I think that's probably the first time ever.

So yeah...I slipped up but I really feel like I've accomplished some things this week so that, to me, overshadows the couple of slip-ups.

P.S. I worked out twice so far this week and even started back on HIIT yesterday - 1.9 miles and 324 calories in a 1/2 hour. YEAH!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Looks to me like normal eating. Isn't that what we've been striving for? To eat like normal people? We can't eat perfectly all the time. You're right not to feel guilty. I swear, on WW, I feel more human than I have any other way of eating. I have no idea whether or not I'm losing but my sanity is intact, and that counts for just about everything in my book.

Jess said...

You're exactly right, Becky. I guess the only reason why I was feeling a little guilt is that I'm so used to depriving myself on other diets. WW is great in that respect that you can either treat yourself a little each day, save it for one or two days, or do a combo of both. I also like the fact that you can earn APs.

I had this friend at work who would treat herself to a candy bar or dessert and would calculate how much she would have to work out to burn that treat off. I used to think she was crazy but now I'm seeing the point in doing that.

The other cool thing that I've learned is that by not depriving myself (I've had Smarties almost everyday this week :D), I don't feel compelled to binge. You're right though...I'm also much happier and much more sane on WW.