Saturday, November 8, 2008

I love my life!

Sorry to have neglected you all this week. It's been a not so good eating and weight loss week. No crazy bingeing; just not eating like I should and working out like I should. I'm getting back on track though so next week WILL be better.

Anyway. Today started out with Collin crawling in bed with me and waking me up with a kiss and him saying "I lub you momma". It's moments like that when it makes him completely demolishing my house every chance he gets totally worth it!

Matt took us all out to Amish country today so we could pick up some stuff we needed. First of all, I'm a complete boob because I walked into the Amish bakery/store and wondered why it was so dark in there. Duh! That was totally a 'Jessica' moment.

It smelled so DIVINE in there! They were baking fresh pumpkin pies and cookies on a wood burning stove and the combination was just heavenly! Yum, yum, yum!

We ended up buying some cheese for like $3.50/lb. and got the boys some homemade chocolate dipped pretzels. I'm happy to report that I haven't ate any yet. I'm actually kind of candied-out from my mini-binges this week, so I guess that's good.

The boys got to check out some of the farm animals. Collin really liked the bunnies. I saw a sign there that the rabbits are like $8 a piece but I wasn't sure if that was for rabbit meat or the actual rabbits (eek...and I wasn't going to ask!).

Christmas present maybe? (live rabbit that is)

We also saw some horses there and Collin pointed out "Horsey likes a apple". He is fortunate to know all about horses because Matt's Grandpa owns a horse farm. So cute!

Next it was on to find some firewood. We ended up driving all around Amish country but it was neat to see the houses and the different people. They are SO friendly too! (not that I expected them NOT to be but they were just really, really cordial) We finally found a place where we got a truck load for like $35 of really good wood. We're still not set for the winter but that's a good start. It was hilarious to watch Matt & Adrian load the wood. Adrian's idea of loading wood was throwing a twig in at a time as Matt and the Amish guy grabbed armfuls and chucked it in the truck. I was chuckling hysterically at Matt because he's lost so much weight that he had some major plumber's crack going on. <--- He's probably going to kill me for that last comment. *evil laugh*

All in all, it was a nice family morning. It's so nice that my classes are so easy this quarter so we have the luxury of doing stuff like this together.

I'm trying to talk Matt into dumping the boys off at Grandma & Grandpa's for the night so we can do some Christmas shopping/browsing, since it'll be here before we know it...

2 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

What a sweet post!

Megan said...

Awww! I totaly understand i am in the same mind frame.
Hey I have a friend who will be having baby bunnies soon free for the taking so I may smell a reason to get together.