Monday, March 8, 2010

Day #1 of re-starting low-carb & the dreaded weigh-in

244.4 lbs. That's what I weighed in at today. When I was logging my weight in to Sparkpeople.com, I realized that I am exactly 20 lbs. heavier than I was in June 2009. Bummer. I am thankful though that it wasn't higher because it certainly should be after all the food I've jammed into my pie hole over the last several months. :o|

I did end up walking at lunch today. Approx. 1 1/2 miles. It was BEAUTIFUL out today! I am SO excited for Spring to be upon us. This is the easiest time of the year for me to commit to walking/jogging.

Day #1 of re-starting low-carb has went well. No cravings for sweets today and the food was actually pretty tasty. I'm pretty sure I'm done eating for the day because I'm so satisfied that I'm almost full. I did have a case of what I call the "fuzzy head" this afternoon. Sugar withdrawal feels very similar to the feelings you get when you quit smoking or don't have caffeine for a day or two. I popped a couple ibuprofen though and I'm fine now. My net carbs for the day were 17. Yay!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Great start, Jess!

Jess said...

Thanks, Becky. :)