Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I know, I know. I suck.

I debated about even posting on here since I feel like I always doom myself to failure when I do. Plus, I really, really hate having people see me fail miserably, even if it just cyberspace. But, I'm doing it anyway...putting myself out there.

I think I said awhile back that I was going back to low-carb since I am desperate to drop some weight quickly before vacation. I decided against it. What made me change my mind, you ask? Just the thought of low-carbing made my binge eating OUT OF CONTROL and I could not bring myself to start back again because it made me so depressed.

What did I learn out of all of this? That I am doomed to continue failing unless I choose a plan and stick with it. A plan that is more realistic and easier to adhere to with my on-the-go lifestyle. So...I'm back on Weight Watchers. I'm doing the on-line program and trying it for free for a week. If I like it (which I think I will), I'm going to continue using it and doing the program.

I also learned that I have got to taper down the margaritas. Even with my good eating throughout the week, I sabotage all of my efforts on the weekend when I enjoy my tasty adult beverages. I still have the Baja Bob's margarita mixes at home and so I may try those when I want one.

Getting rid of my too big clothes was the best thing I ever did too. Since I don't have anything bigger in my closet, my clothes are tight and uncomfortable and that's definitely a good motivator for me. Plus, I feel like crap. I'm tired all the time, bloated, grouchy, and my back hurts. I can't believe that my back started hurting again and that my acid reflux started acting up again with the gain of only 8 lbs.

My starting weight is 232.2 lbs. as of this morning. I'll let you know how it goes.

I apologize...yet again for letting you all down. I'm officially dusting myself off today and trying this thing again. :)

2 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Oh Jess! You did NOT let anyone down! i am soooo proud of you for getting back on the horse and being honest! I LOVE WW. I eat WHATEVER I want and still lose as long as I don't binge. Again, I am soooo proud of you for starting again! I support you 100%!

Jess said...

Thanks, Lisa. :) I've never done on-line WW and I really like it so I think I'll stay with it.

I may pick your brain a little if I have questions since you probably know more than I do about WW...