Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In a slump :*(

I feel like such a loser lately...and not in a good (weight-loss kind of) way.

I've been off my plan since November 21st and have been binging like crazy. I guess that just goes to show you that just when you think you have your sh*t together, you realize that you don't. Very depressing! :(

Since I'm on a roll here, I haven't exercised since October 22nd according to Sparkpeople. WOW! I was thinking it was only a month or so but nope...42 days of no exercise. Pitiful! Seriously...WTH is wrong with me?!

I haven't weighed in since November 21st either. I'm too scared to.

Some good news is that my friend Jody got hired here at my job and she has agreed to be my exercise buddy. :) (Thanks, Jody!!!) I'm going to try to work out a 1/2 hour here three times per week and then get in some Wii time another three days out of the week.

On another positive note, I'm leaving for Naples, Florida tomorrow to visit my BFF, Joe, from high school. It's my early Christmas present from Matt. Isn't he just the best husband ever???

My goal while I'm down there is not to binge eat and to try to get in some type of physical activity. Joe lives in a condo and they have a heated pool and jacuzzi there so at the very least, my butt can get in some swim time while I'm there. Plus, we're going out for Joe's birthday on Saturday and so I'm sure I'll be burning some calories by shaking my booty on the dance floor. That should make for some great pictures too! This will only be the second time I've ever been to a gay bar and the first time was a blast. It will make for an interesting night, to say the least...

I'm not sure if I'll blog or not while I'm gone. I'm not taking my laptop but Joe has a computer. I know that I won't be sharing any pictures until I get back (unless I happen to take them with my camera phone...hmm...). I will post a picture slide show when I return so be sure to check that out next week.

I love these holidays but for weight loss purposes and getting healthy, I can't wait until they are over!

I'll be back on Monday so hope y'all have a great weekend!!! I know I will! :)

3 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Have a good time and remember what you said on my blog... We BOTH will do this. )

Becky said...

I think you're being too hard on yourself, Jess. I have been there, plenty of times, and feeling guilty doesn't help. The holidays are rough for lots of people trying to lose weight, myself included. You just do the best you can. You've been doing VERY well - don't let these bumps in the road get you down. When you get to your goal, you will look back and say, "I did this! I had these obstacles in my way and I kicked their asses!"

Jess said...

I <3 you guys! Thanks for the encouraging words! They really mean a lot to me.

I'll be back with pictures and hopefully some fun stories on Monday! :)